Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to dolfn55
Default Saving Lounge Chairs

I went on my first Cruise in February. The one thing that drove me nuts is how hard it is to find a lounge chair on deck. The rules state that guest are not suppossed to be able to save chairs by putting books, bags, towels, etc. on them and that anything left on a lounge chair for more than 30 minutes will be removed. It seemed to me that most of the chairs were being saved in this matter all the time. Any suggestions? Is this something I just need to live with??
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Admiral

A lot of the cruiselines have staff who are designated as "deck patrol" You could point it out to one of them and have them remove the items on the lounge if it has been there more then 30 minutes.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 14th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Walk over,and neatly fold their towel,and place their book,or other belongings neatly aside,and enjoy yourself.I give them the One Hour time limit before I remove their stuff.30 minutes by the lido pool when i'm watching my kids swim,and I want to read and watch them.
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Passenger

I neatly fold all their items into one big ball and toss it over the side of the ship!!

When they come back and you are there, you look at them like they are crazy saying "what stuff, there wasn't anything here when I sat down".

Problem solved.
Old March 18th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

chibertb...Love that idea!!!!! Can't wait to try this in December!
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibertb
I neatly fold all their items into one big ball and toss it over the side of the ship!!

When they come back and you are there, you look at them like they are crazy saying "what stuff, there wasn't anything here when I sat down".

Problem solved.
SO DOES THAT INCLUDE A TIME LIMIT OR ARE YOU JUST SOMEBODY WHO HASN'T RAN INTO THAT PERSON YET THAT THROWS YOU OFF THE SIDE OF THE BOAT?
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Passenger

I NOTICED A LOT OF THIS AND YOU A RE RIGHT IT IS WRONG. MY WIFE AND I DISCUSSED THIS AND WE THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THE DECK PATROL HAD A TYPE OF BRIGHT COLOR PLATE(plastic card/magic marker) TO WRITE A TIME WHEN THE CHAIR WOULD BE AVAILABE, then place it on the chair. IF THE PERSON DID NOT RETURN BEFORE THAT TIME THEN CHAIR WOULD BE GIVEN UP TO THE PERSON WAITING FOR THE CHAIR. AT WHICH THAT TIME THE PERSON WHO HAD FIRST CLAIMED THE CHAIR WOULD COLLECT HIS/HER BELONGINGS AND THE BRIGHT COLORED PLATE IN FRONT OF OTHER GUEST and REALIZE THEY WOULD LOOK STUPID TO ARGUE WITH THE NEW OCCUPANT.
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Passenger

Re. The bright coloured plate..... nice idea - but it would need to be a different colour for each day as otherwise you'd have trouble telling whether the time limit ran out yesterday, or the day before, or today. Even then, you'd get some bright sparks who'd steal them and use them at will.

What really does get me is people who get up at 6am and 'reserve' their 'place' by putting a towel & book on it and then going off for breakfast. Taken to it's ultimate conclusion this means 'Get up early to reserve your place by the pool before having breakfast. Anybody who fails to rise at 6am and have breakfast is not allowed a lounger for the whole day. You've been warned!!!'.

Flinging peoples' belongings overboard's a bit extreme. Deck crew are reluctant to approach hoggers, and even so, it takes you half an hour to observe a 'reserved' lounger and then they need to observe it for half an hour as how do they know you're telling the truth?. So that makes it at least an hour assuming all goes to plan. How many people are prepared to hang around for an hour waiting to see if the lounger becomes free?.

I personally prefer the idea of having a lounger that's spirng loaded so that if nobody uses it for half an hour it folds up and springs into the air.... quickest to jump and grab it wins.... brings a new dimension to the term 'deck sports'.

(That last para was a joke. For anybody who wants to bring up the question 'What about my little Jonnie - he only weighs 30 lbs and he'd be made into a sandwich!!' - I think Jonnie will be safe.)
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Passenger

It's obvious that ignorance is abundant in the "username" household. To bad, relax!!
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Passenger

I THINK YOU SPELL IT TOO BAD. BUT I WOOD KNOT NO CAUSE I IS IGGNORANT!!!