Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Passenger

Default ships leaving out of New York City?

I am going on my first cruise September 2007.I'm leaving out of New York City.What other cruise lines besides Carnival leave from there?And have you sailed from new york. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Admiral

just about every cruise line has a ship that sails out of NY
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Does Royal? I think there's only 1 or 2 ships either to Caribbean or Canada (fall). Norweigan has most of the hold on NY since they sail year round.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Familiar Face

Royal departs from Bayonne, New Jersey which is just a hop, skip and a jump from New York.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

jenjoe: I live about 4 miles from the West Side Piers in Manhattan. I have sailed out of NYC on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and in June our entire family will take Carnival Legend out of NYC to the E.Carib. If you search some of the travel sites for cruises departing from NY you might find Princess and some others, depending on season and destination. Personally the LAST line I would go on is Norwegian (NCL). I have been cruising for many years on Holland America, Princess, RCCL, Celebrity; you might get a cheaper rate on NCL, but you will get only what you pay for! They barely rate 3 stars by any standards and they have probably the oldest ships in the fleet. They are a discount line for people who are not particular about certain amenities - just want to party and make exotic stops wherever. If you are not "fussy" and want to cruise for the fun of it you will get your money's worth on NCL and use your savings to shop on the Islands, Duty Free, Excursions, etc. We are spoiled, I'll admit, by the personal attention to finer details on the higher end ships; we only book suites, mini-suites or large balcony cabins on 7 days or longer cruises. Which agency are you using to assist you in your decision? We use the same agent (he only does cruises - doing it for 29 years) and he is our "voice" and liaison before and after the trips. We trust and depend on his experience and knowledge. His company buys up a few hundres cabins on consignment and they usually fill them all by departure day! If any specials or discounts are implemented after we book and/or pay, he filters the savings back to us either with refunds or substantial ship-board credits or free excursions, free insurance, etc. Do your homework and research your options. If you want further information please feel free to contact me by e-mail; Whatever you choose to do, I wish you happy cruising and safe sailing!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days