Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:31 PM
First Mate

We have now cruised Princess (2), Celebrity (1) and Holland America (1).
We choose by destination first, line then price and we prefer Balcony though we also want to stay about 2,300 passengers or less.
Food wise we prefer Celebrity, though Proncess offers varity and Holland America is the service in little things.
We just did the Boston to Montreal in May 2006 cause we saw one daughter in Boston and the other in Montreal with our cruise as our time alone between.

We want the crusise lines to solve the lugguge hoofing between airport and ship and back. From my house under bonded shipping would be great.

We do enjoy the staff and the ships

Rob Holloway
Victoria BC Canada
Old June 10th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Admiral

For my husband and I....we are still fairly new only 6 cruises to date with 3 more booked.

But so far we book:
1) Itinerary
2) Price
3) Embarkation port (we prefer not to fly both ways)

We use to think that brand loyalty was important...but we've since been enlighten. BUT we do prefer to sail on ships that:

1) Have few children or teens on board
2) Offers a casually upscale atmosphere
3) Are NOT in the mega-ship class
Old August 25th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Captain

I chose my cruise by finding a bargain with a balcony. I don't care where the ship goes! I like getting away. With a cruise you really leave it all behind, ( well now that they have the internet cafe I guess some still take it with them). It is my time to live in a make believe world where I can dress up and be a "princess". Where I can have a waiter pull out my chair and lay a napkin on my lap. Where I can try that unusual sounding entree, but if I don't care for it I can order a steak instead and they won't look at me funny or add it to my bill. Where I can order room service and not worry about selling a child to pay the bill. Where I can see a show from the front row and have it only cost me the time to arrive early and wait. Where I can dance the night away like no one is watching. Where I have the opportunity to meet a variety of people. Listening to other's stories, helps build my character. Having the opportunity to positively impact so many people's day with a smile, a kind word, a gentle touch. This is why I cruise and I get that no matter where the ship goes. I can sit on my balcony and look at the vast ocean around me and marvel at the awesome world God has created. How small I am and yet he loves and cares for me.
Happy cruising.
ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old August 26th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just went thru the booking progress this week. My sister-in-law said they were ready to go to Alaska next summer. She wanted the inside passage and to go to Sitka. Her adopted grand daughter was a baby from Russia and Sitka was once occupied by the Russians.

First,I accidentally. thru a web search,came across a website with all the cruise ships & prices that go to Alaska. Then my husband looked at them all and decided on Holland's newet cruise ship Noordam. I sent him the link and it had starting at $979 so he liked the price. He liked the pictures of it.

Before my sister-in-law always picked Carnival, usually the newest ship. Paradise (which was luckily smoke free) and Valor (too much smoke a definite problem on that ship) after that.

Future cruises, I would pick a smoke-free over any of the others. I'm worried now that smoke will be a problem on our balcony or smokers in the other cabins. Besides not liking to smell it - it's a fire hazard and a worry too. Just doesn't seem like smoking and ships should go together.