Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Towel Exchange Comment

On my last Princess cruise we were asked to hang towels back on the towel bars after usage (and wash cloths) and if we wanted fresh towels we were told to leave the used towels on the bathroom floor; that way your steward knows which replacements to provide. Sometimes if we brought a towel to the pool or sun deck area they became soiled with sunscreen lotion and/or too wet to be of any use after swimming to be used after showering. Personally - I need 2 towels when I shower; one for body and one for my hair. Their towels are not as large as the ones we have at home - i.e. bath/body sheets approx. 3'x5' or larger, so I might use 3 towels after showering, one washcloth and then there's the heavier towel 'mat' to step on outside the shower area. If I use towels on my freshly showered body, I don't mind putting it back on the rack, but my "hair" towel gets so soaked, it never dries by morning!

Any time I spotted my cabin stewards on any cruise ships I never had a problem asking that extra towels be placed in our cabin (and sometimes it helps to offer the steward a few $$$ incentives on the first day when requesting specific cabin services - I've never been refused when conveying my personal preferences to my cabin steward).

As for pool/beach towel allocation, this will be my first Carnival cruise so I don't know their "towel service" rules, but I have always found a convenient service cart with a supply of clean towels on either end of the pool decks for guests to help themselves - along with a rolling receptacle placed alongside the cart for depositing wet/used towels. We were never required to drag our wet towels back to the room - to be re-used after showering!

If anyone knows about towel issues on the Carnival Legend I would appreciate feedback....we are cruising out of NYC on the Legend in 3 weeks.....I'm thinking of packing one of my large bath towels from home especially to be used on the beaches in the ports. I welcome your comments and I thank you in advance for your reply!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Sponsored Links