CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Add the Big Screen to every ship,young n' old, small n' mega (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/318377-add-big-screen-every-ship-young-n-old-small-n-mega.html)

san007 August 3rd, 2006 08:49 PM

Add the Big Screen to every ship,young n' old, small n' mega

Put the Big Screen on all the lido decks. I fell in love with the Big Screen on the Carib Princess. Day or night, it was fantastic. We enjoyed the Tina Turner and the Tom Jones concerts. We also loved the Movie Under The Stars. Whoever thought of this concept was brilliant. So you see this is a must have IMO.
So to all the cruise lines out there, ADD the Big Screen to your lido decks on ships young and old, small or mega. What do think?

san 8)

BigE11378 August 6th, 2006 08:40 PM

It sounds great...I havent experienced it yet though.

san007 October 5th, 2006 12:53 PM

I was just on the Carnival glory and I missed the Big movie screen we experienced on Carib Princess. I like no I loved the concerts and movies undeer the stars. Carnival needs to step it up. I did recognize the bandstand and areana seating however the bandstand is being used as much as it should. Most of the time it was empty. Carnival says it's the funship well step it up then. Overall I do prefer sailing Carnival rather than Princess.
Another thing disappointed how small most of the cabin balconies are on Carinval. Maybe the aft cabin balconies are are much larger. I hope the suite balconies are something to aw about.

momofmeg October 31st, 2006 09:06 AM

I loved that too. I was surprised by how much I did enjoy it-I did not expect to like it that much.

sharon_psu November 9th, 2006 10:20 PM

I think its a great idea....would love to see all the cruise lines have Movies under the Stars!!

CruiserEK November 27th, 2006 05:36 PM

Big Screens On Cruise Ships

I found the movies under the stars feature to be a great feature and was well used by Princess. I enjoyed watching movies on the Caribbean Princess at the seaside theatre which at certain times, include free popcorn. I have also been on the Carnival Liberty, which uses the same screen. However, Carnival's use of the big screen on the Lido deck is used less, many times it only looped a screensaver video. Popcorn was a premium, and it sometimes played some of the same movies and shows found on Princess, which included the Tom Jones concert and the movie, " The Rocky Horror Picture Show". From what I know, these are the cruise ships that have an outdoor big screen display. I got this from Princess.com and Carnival.Com.

Carnival Cruise Lines (2) Ships
1. Carnival Liberty
2. Carnival Freedom - Coming out in '07

Princess Cruise Lines (5) Ships
1. Caribbean Princess - 1st to feature a big screen
2. Crown Princess
3. Grand Princess
4. Sea Princess
5. Emerald Princess - Coming Soon

tiyana4 February 14th, 2007 10:49 PM

I absolutely LOVED "Movies Under the Stars" on the Caribbean Princess. I didn't choose this cruise ship for this feature but found it to be one of the best amenities. Not only did they serve free popcorn and provide blankets for the lounge chairs (evening shows), but we caught three first run movies (Inside Man, RV, and one other) and two concerts (Eric Clapton & Beyonce).

It was like going to the movies for free but in reclining chairs and under a slight tropical breeze. You can literally look up into the Caribbean sky from this deck. It was wonderful. I will miss this feature on my next cruise.......we're trying miniature golf and rock climbing on RCCL.

Meig February 28th, 2007 12:04 AM

I think it would be a great idea for all lines to have this. I can't imagine anything nicer than watching a movie or concert while in the open air on a ship. Well, I *can* but this is a family board. :twisted:

Great idea!

mehawk March 9th, 2007 08:38 PM

I enjoyed it on the Grand Princess.

BigE11378 May 24th, 2007 10:19 AM

i will have to try a ship that has it next time it sounds like a great fun time

Magnolia Blossom August 6th, 2007 04:12 PM

Okay, so I'm the lone dissenter. I didn't like it.

Out on the deck on want to hear a nice band or better yet - nothing but the sound of the waves and wind and my true love whispering in my ear.

We have become a culture who thrive on electronic input. I for one, find conversation and quiet more attractive.

colorcrazie August 7th, 2007 01:05 PM

I'm with you, Magnolia.
Marty

fireba11 February 17th, 2008 11:20 AM

MUTS

I also loved the movies under the stars aboard the Carribean Princess. I think it is a great idea to have it on every ship.

Unfortunately that was one of the few things we liked on that Princess cruise.

fireba11 March 7th, 2008 05:53 PM

Carnival Valor

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Valor and they have installed a big movie screen too! The unfortunate thing is that the movies were all kids shows and there was no popcorn or blankets like Princess had, I guess Carnival has a little way to go on this item!

Joe323 June 18th, 2008 01:34 PM

Put the big screen over the pool so I can enjoy the dive in movie