So basically I am looking into an 7-9 Alaska cruise for 6 ppl travelling end of May into June, or end June into July 07 out of Seattle or Vancouver. We have a budget of around 2000 a person. Since I brought up the idea..i was given the task of setting up the proposal. So just trying to get as much info as possible, answers to any of these questions is greatly apppreciated.
1) I live in Bellevue, any reputable travel agents around the Seattle area?
2) Biggest concern is the weather during the May 26-July 8 time period...I researched some temp averages, but any first hand experience; was it too cold to lay out in the sun and/or swim in the pool on the ship?
3) Group Info: enjoys nightlife, theater shows, eating, shopping, some outdoor excursions, but definitely want to enjoying the weather, scenery, and wildlife. Ages: 54, 53, 27, 23, 21, 20.
- Any recommendations on which cruise line to use and/or ship?
- Any recommended part of alaska/canada to cruise and/or port stops?
My family and girlfriend have never cruised before, and I just want to do as much research as possible. Thank you so much.
On HAL, the pool has a retracking dome. So, even if it is a bit nippy out, the pool area stays warm enough to lie out. Also, we really enjoyed the HAL lectures and a lot of their amenities. They bring a scientist on board who specializes in glaciers , etc. (I have no idea what the correct name is for this area of science), I found him quite interesting. Just my 2 cents here.