Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Admiral

Default Do you use a TA to book or do you do it on line yourself???

Wondering if you use the same TA over and over or do you use some of these web sites and book yourself???

Me I always use the same TA,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2007, 05:16 AM
Admiral

I always book with a TA I can talk to in person, on the phone, or on line. I switched TAs last year just because I found I was going on many cruises with my new TA so it was nice to be part of the group. I believe that a TA really earns their money when things go wrong; if nothing ever went wrong then price is the only differential.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Passenger

Jo, Marc, and others,
I used a certain TA for Regent. And for other cruiselines- it is normally the same TA.
Have only used an online service right after 9/11 and TA couldn't beat the price.
Jan

Caribbean Princess Christmas Cruise 12/07
Old April 25th, 2007, 08:55 AM
First Mate

we've used the same online TA for all cruises except the last one and will be returning to the one we've normally used. Just another lesson about how "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Des
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Admiral

In the past when I used a TA I would use the same one. The last several cruises I have booked online myself. It's not that hard and I even managed to save a few dollars, mostly on air fare.
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I recommend ALWAYS using an agent. Several reasons for it... including service and pricing. I wrote a couple of articles on the subject... here's the link
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ectoragent.cfm
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Admiral

We have booked all of our cruises online ourselves. For the first cruise we did go to a couple of TA's but then I found that the company I worked at had a partnership with Princess and it was definitely the best price. Since then we have done it online because we are able to find good prices and usually extras. As long as you don't need a catagory that usually isn't shown online or something special like a handicapped room then we figure why not book it ourselves. If we did need something special I would probably either go to a local TA or work via phone with the line direct.

For our last cruise we did have questions and the agency we booked thru was great at answering all our emails.

I always print every email and put them in a folder and keep them right at the computer so if we have any questions ,plus have a folder on the email account jsut for cruise emails.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Kuki, very interesting article. I guess it comes down to what choice you want to make. I have booked with the cruiselines , Online and TA. When I booked with the cruise lines directly i've never had a problem even with changing some things. I don't mind doing the extra work. Great article thanks.
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:20 AM
First Mate

We have been using a TA for our past few cruises and will keep it that way. She was able to get us out of a cruise at the last minute (after we had made our final payment!!) due to some "Issues" and changed it to a sister ship for us. She even got the cancellation penalty waved! She also searches for any discounts. We feel it's nice to have her as the middle woMAN to go back and forth with the company especially if there are "issues". Also she handles all our NCL Rewards certificates...We hand them to her to go towards the cost of our cruise and she makes sure they get to the right person. No Stress! And...we really don't see where it cost anymore to use a travel agent. She has quoted us the same price (sometimes less) as online!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Captain

my mom and i always use the same ta sheshe is realy great she get the
dinner setting we wented remandy a shore trip in cosata maya and get
trans for us to get to the port then back to the airport we feel better
know we have ta who can helps if we need help