Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Default Which line is best for Honeymoon?

My nephew and his bride to be are planning a 'cruise' honeymoon. They’re in their middle to late twenties.

I hesitate to suggest Carnival because of the 'Party' ship reputation...but then we've heard they have improved in their service and food.

So anyone who’s cruised Carnival recently and can give an update on service etc. would also be appreciated.

We love HAL...but it's most likely NOT the cruise line for them…a little to sedate!

Suggestions welcomed?
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yeoman

My daughter and her husband went on NCL.
While they enjoyed it, they prefer HAL and wish they'd chosen HAL instead. They prefer HAL's food, the assigned dining times, and all the pampering!
They are mid-20s.
They consider themselves a little beyond the party boat atmosphere.
Old April 25th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Passenger

DH and I honeymooned on RCCL, and loved it. We've done one Carnival, and were a little put off with all the bar bill comparisons, RCCL is a little more sedate than Carnival, but still young and "hip."
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Admiral

I would choose Regent's Paul Gauguin for a honeymoon. Cruising French Polynesia on a wonderful ship with only 320 passengers is wonderful. Here is Regent's website:

www.rssc.com

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old April 26th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Admiral

I know that Regent's Paul Gauguin would be wonderful!!!! We're all chipping in for the cruise as a gift...BUT still money is a major factor for this young couple!

But since it's been brought up...I'm going to suggest the Gauguin for our anniversary cruise!!!!! After 30 years...why not!.

Soooooo...will give our neice and nephew websites for RCCI and maybe HAL after all But are good and they'll be happy with those top choices...

Thanks for suggestions...
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

For a honeymoon I would suggest RCCL or Princess. HAL is a little more mature crowd, and unless they want to have thier honeymoon in a retirement community I would suggest otherwise. I know you said money is an issue, but if you couuld swing a little more than RCCL why not Celebrity? They have un-matched service, beautiful ships, fascinating destinations and awesome shows. Celebrity would be what I would suggest, you are still going to get a little older crowd, but not as bad as HAL.

Read and post cruise reviews

Booked :razz:
NCL Sun - November 2011
Disney Dream - December 2012 *Honeymoon*

Cruised
Monarch OTS - June 2010
Carnival Triumph - January 2010
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Inspiration - July 2006
NCL Star - April 2003
Carnival Sensation - April 1998
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Like all the lines, HAL has changed. The age group is not as old as it used to be. They needed to start bringing in younger passengers, as people do....um.....move on eventually. HAL is still more oriented toward elegance, and intellectual and even spiritual activities, as opposed to party hardy, so I think it is more a matter of personal style than age. You will still see very elderly people on HAL, but also a wide range of others. Just nott many kids at all.
Marty
Old May 14th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

My daughter honeymooned on the Voyager of the Seas, and several of the wedding party booked as weel, including my son. Ther eis something for everyone, and they all adored it.

I am 58 and after two disapointing HAL cruises, I decided, I am too young for that line. Way to quiet on both ships at night....I think they would possibly appreciate more things to do, then we found at night

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 17th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
My daughter honeymooned on the Voyager of the Seas, and several of the wedding party booked as weel, including my son. Ther eis something for everyone, and they all adored it.

I am 58 and after two disapointing HAL cruises, I decided, I am too young for that line. Way to quiet on both ships at night....I think they would possibly appreciate more things to do, then we found at night
We've grown to love HAL...but you're right, everything closes down at night. The crew must love it!!

On Celebrity and RCCI you can still dance till dawn, shop late or even go to the Spa...but not on HAL. That was a real cultural shock for us. Now, we just view it as an opportunity to read, visit with new friends or even (daring as it may seem)..get some sleep!
Old May 20th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Admiral

I vote RCCL. I took a cruise on RCCL VOS in 2003 and 99% of the passengers were small families and couple. The entire ship went to sleep at around midnight. Very very very nice for a couple. I was with my husband so it was not too bad. Now that I have "discharged" my hubby and cruise solo, only Carnival can keep up with me.

If I were to cruise with a romantic counterpart, it would probably be on RCCL.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Yeoman

For a honeymoon, NCL must be a better choice than RCCL. There is less action on NCL but when on honeymoon, isn´t the wife/husband the most important thing? If Freestyle Cruising doesn´t feel right for a honeymoon, they can eat at Le Bistro every night!

People are different, some prefer action and other prefer just to be and do nothing!