CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Your favorite cruise ship food? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/332315-your-favorite-cruise-ship-food.html)

Kuki April 26th, 2007 01:13 AM

Your favorite cruise ship food?

Do you have any particular favorite foods on particular cruise lines?..... like Carnival's Warm Melting Chocolate Cake, or Celeb's Swan Puffs, or the pizza on Princess?

Perhaps oddly, one my very favorites is an appetizer on Celebrity... their mushrooms in a puff pastry.

Marc April 26th, 2007 07:15 AM

Rack of lamb with a side of lobster tails followed by a Grand Marnier Souffle.

Of course, food without the proper accompaniment is not right. Therefore, I will have a smooth scotch while ordering my meal then switch to a good red wine for dinner. Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet blend is my choice while cruising. Of course, dessert is accompanied by a good port.

IBCRUZIN' April 26th, 2007 10:16 AM

I like the Grilled Satay of Chicken Tenderloin on Carnival. It is cuts of chicken breast, grilled and covered in some sort of Peanut sauce.

Yummie!!! :D

nlb1050 April 26th, 2007 12:10 PM

Give me any of Princess's souffles! Haven't found one that I didn't like.

Sea Trekker April 26th, 2007 10:30 PM

The deli sandwiches on the Carnival Liberty, and others.
Any good desert that is the chef specially,yummm

Mike M April 27th, 2007 09:59 AM

My personal standouts have been:

NCL's Lamb Shanks: Only served at lunch in the dining room. Wonderful. The Norwegian Sky's were the best but on my last cruise on the Norwegian Star they were a bit fatty. Even then they were still "bone gnawing good."

Celebrity's: Mohr Em Hend: Viennese Chocolate Pudding. A delicious warm chocolate cake/pudding with heavy whipped cream.

Celebrity's Tornado of Beef Tenderloin with sauce Bearnaise: A standard but perfectly done.

Dawn Princess's, Sterling Steakhouse, Cream of Mushroom Soup in Bread Bowl: Sounds pedestrian but it was perfect.

Carnival's Turbot with Mixed Vegetable Puree Sauce: Out of this world. Perfectly seasoned fish and the vegetable sauces accented the fish and were fresh and not overpowering. They also made a beautiful presentation on the plate.

Then there was Ranch Steak on Serenade of the Seas: "The Horror: The Horror: The Horror" LOL LOL ( I knew it was bad but I had to try it.)

Take care,
Mike

mehawk May 9th, 2007 10:38 PM

Sushi on Carnival and their Baked Alaska.

kimbo May 10th, 2007 08:04 AM

NCL's escargot
Loved the Soft served "Real" icecream on the NCL jewel ...I think I ate atleast 3 servings a day (no soft serve real stuff on the sun or the pearl).
NCL's chocolate mousse. sooooo creamy and light.

Carnival's jerk chicken (mmm I got thier recipe too!)
Carnival's lamb chops.

colorcrazie May 10th, 2007 01:50 PM

HAL's famous bread pudding!
<
Marty....gaining weight just thinking about it!

Trip May 10th, 2007 04:19 PM

My favorite ever on a cruise ship..Royal Caribbean's...Key Lime Pie!

colorcrazie May 11th, 2007 12:51 PM

Oh, I forgot...HAL's muesli. Kind of an odd favorite, since I don't like muesli, and I usually don't get too excited about healthy foods on a cruise, but their's is something I daydream about.
Marty the wierd

Deni May 11th, 2007 01:55 PM

I LOVED the pumpkin soup on Carnival. There was also a split-pea risotto one day on the lunch buffet that I still dream of!

Deni

shandy5165 May 11th, 2007 04:44 PM

Colorcrazie....I also loved the Muesli..excpet on NCL! I had a big bowl each morning for breakfast. The best was on the Star in Alaska...a little watery on the Wind in Hawaii...I am looking forward to eating it all 14 breakfasts in the Carribean on the Pearl in October.

Dorothy May 11th, 2007 11:19 PM

You can't make me pick just one....

Both on Carnival: pumpkin soup and creme brulee

nvabill May 13th, 2007 01:50 PM

Why of course Carnival Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!! :twisted: