Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default A Million Stories in the Naked City!:)

Tell us your fave cruise story. Were your cabin neighbors noisy? Did you have tablemates from he-l-l? Have kids runamok? Were you lambasted by a lounge scrounge by the pool, or even witness a fight over one?

On the other hand, nice happenings that made you smile? A newlywed couple just starting out, kids sharing and having fun? A renewal of vows, that brought a tear to your eye...

There a a million stories out there..let's share!

Once , when we were dragging our rears, after an all day Caracas tour, we wanted a quick nap, before dinner. The man in the next cabin, thought he was Mario Lanza and sang at what seemed the top of his lungs! When we mentioned it at dinner, it turned out to be our tablemate! Boy, did we all get a good laugh out of that one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Trip,
I always love the threads that you start. For this one, I have to make fun of myself, which is something I also enjoy!

A LONG time ago, as in decades past, I lived in upstate New York. I have a very low tolerance for cold and loved the area but hated the climate (long, irrelevant story why I was there). My escape was to watch "Love Boat" every Saturday night. Never missed it, and would spend that hour mentally on a cruise in a tropical climate.
There was one actor who was a frequent guest and I thought he was gorgeous. Used to tell myself that if I ever got to go, that was who I wanted to meet....yeah, right!
Years pass and I finally move to Florida to be warm. First chance I got, I signed up for a cruise. It was on the old Norway. I was like a kid at Christmas....so excited. After boarding, I went up on deck. Just looking around and savoring the fact that I was finally on a cruise ship. Happened to glance up to the next higher deck and standing there is the actor I used to fantasize about. Shook my head, hard, since I was quite sure I had lost my mind. Looked back and nobody there.
The next day we were at sea. I went up to the quieter of the 2 outdoor swimming pools to sun and read. Two men come out and pull up deck chairs and start talking. I glanced over and it was the same actor. This time I was too close not to be sure. Decided that this was not the time to be shy, so went over and asked if I could take his picture (I wanted proof for myself that I had not gone insane). Instead the other man, his manager, took one of me with the actor, who was Bert Convy. He was on board to do a show. Now, he was a happily married man, but a very gracious one who waved and spoke to me every time we met on the cruise. Made that first cruise a little more special.
But, I will never forget that moment of complete disorientation when I first saw him. Still have the photo, too....for the times when I decide that what happened couldn't have happened!
Marty...who has been a cruise junkie ever since
Old April 30th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Thanks Marty, I loved your story....the Love Boat reruns started me cruising back in 1990..I used to love to see which cruiser, would walk onboard, with the Gucci carry on bag, It must have reached diamon status

I have a funny celebrity story too. Several years ago, I sailed the old Westerdam, on an "Oldies" rock & roll cruise, several well known blasts from the past were onboard.

One was a girls trio, the name escapes me, but when they came on stage, 2 were way to young to be the originals, and damn, didn't the original look good, and she was older than me!

Next on the stage was a small man, dressed in a beige leisure suit, with epulettes on the shoulders. He had that yucky red brown hair color, that men who dye there hair, think looks "fabulous darling!' He was Johhny Tillotson, remember him? A hunka hunka, in his day!

I said to my hubby, he looks like he was embalmed, at least from where I sat, and he also had Howdy Doody hair!

Fast forward to the next to last day, when the cast & crew says good bye.
After they show was over, we met up with a couple we became friendly with, anc chatted outisde the thearter.

I saw the girls trio walking twoards us, and I wanted to see what she looked like close up, so I was looking at them as they walked near us, but I said to this man Jim, did you see Johnny, he looked as if he was embalmed. I saw hiw eyes widen , and sudenly, a hand clamped down on my wrist..it was Johnny Tillotson!!!!!

Now I know why Jim's looked like a deer caught in the headlights! Johnny said to me, "what do you mean I looked like I was embalmed?" If a hole opened up and swallowed me, I would die happy!

Thinking on my feet, I said well, you did look a bit stiff in the closing number, swaying back and forth Just then , a woman yelled to him, they wanted a picture, and so, the 4 of, us, like little kids, scampered off giggling!

And I never did get a close look at the original girl singer.. I bet it had to be Botox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd
Default Our first cruise laugh!

Our first cruise was aboard the "MS Carnival Victory". We had a cabin near the stern on the "Maindeck", that was very nice. There was a couple across the passageway from us, (in an inside cabin), and from the time we boarded until we dissembarked they had their "DO NOT DISTURB" sign posted outside of their door. We just assumed that they were newlyweds. From time to time we could hear faint adult types of noises comming from their room. We just laughed and said to our neighbors "There newlyweds" and everyone else just laughted along with us.
Then when we were leaving our cabin to dissembark, we saw the couple that occupied that room, and boy did we have a laugh! The couple turned out to be a woman and man in there late 80's.
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd
Default Another fummy story

Another funny story... was on our second cruise abord the "Star Princess".
We had a "Minisuite" with a balcony. This balcony was on the lowest level of all of the balconies.
Then on our first day of our "fun day at sea", the sun was shinning bright and the weather was perfect, so I decided to suntan in the nude. I was laying out on the lounge chair, without a stich on, when I got up to get another drink. I heard a noise up and behind me. So I looked up and saw a woman in her 50's checking me out right above me on the next deck.
I wasn't aware that everyone could look down onto our balcony. I said hello to her and looked above her and noticed that alot of other people on other balconies were watching my show too.
I than decided to end my suntanning for that day.
Later on that day I ran into that lady that saw me and she told me that she and other people who liked tanning in the nude do so on the "sundeck" or what I call "the nuddy deck". The next day I joined her on that deck and no one was embarrised about being nude. Dhudd.