Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Default Transferring booking to TA

At what point in time would you transfer your booking through Carnival to a TA? I am thinking about doing that and didn't know when would be the best time. My final payment is due the end of July. Thanks.

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Transfer it ASAP. If there is a lower rate then the TA can take advantage of it without incurring the cancellation penalty.

Just make sure it is a good TA that you have previously worked with and will take care of you.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Admiral

I've never worked with an agent. I booked with carnival for both of our cruises. Guess I will have to do some research on local agencies. I don't have any idea how to pick one Thanks for answering me so quick. I will get to work on it ASAP.

Need some cruise help?
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Admiral

Suggest you go to the CruiseMates special cruises and see what online agency is booking most of them for CM. I'd recommend Nancy. She's an online franchised agency and gives great service - answering emails or phone calls practically immediately and has her own web site. She's connected with a major agency but is an independent operator and has saved me lots of money with the 12 cruises I've booked through her. Can't be more specific cuz it would be against CM's policy, but it will be obvious if you check out the CM special cruises as she handles a great many of them.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Thanks CruzNut. I have the info now. Will get in touch with her this week-end. Thanks again.

Need some cruise help?
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Why would you transfer your booking? How would that benifit you? I called Carnival and went to see a TA and there prices were exactally the same. Carnival PVP did charge a higher deposit than the TA but besides that everything was the same. Can you give me more details? I am new at this, lol..

Danielle
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Admiral

It's just possible that the TA has a group rate and with that gives you a credit on board - that's one reason. Also, a good TA will be on top of any changes that happen and let you know - such as a lower price or possibly a better cabin for just a little more. The TA works for you - Carnival works for Carnival and has no reason to keep you up-to-date on changes.

Old May 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Admiral

The main reason I was wanting to transfer was I just didn't think that my PVP was doing what I thought he should. I'm pretty sure that nobody will be beat the price I paid for our cabin. I paid for a guarantee balcony (less than 650.00 with military rate) and he has already given us a cabin on the Empress deck, which are over $800.00 cabins. We have friends that also booked a guarentee balcony and he just hasn't moved them to our deck like he said he would. I have since talked to him and he promises me that he will get us on the same deck. So I have decided I will just stay with him. I did write Nancy but never heard from her. For now I will stay with Calvin.

Need some cruise help?
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Admiral

You probably didn't hear from Nancy because I doubt if anyone could beat the military rate you have. On the other hand, she has thousands (that is not a mistake) of clients, so she still may get back to you.