Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Default Single Interior Room or Shared Balcony Room?

I have travelled widely but I am not an experienced cruise traveller, only having taken one to the Greek Isles about 12 years ago. I am taking a group trip to the Norwegian Fjords in August, I don't know anyone else going on the cruise and I tend to prefer my own room but that would be an interior room. To all those experienced cruisers out there: How much of a better experience will I have if I take a balcony room (and have to share with another group member, mainly because of the price)? Is it worth givinig up my own room to have a view and a balcony? Any help is appreciated - Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Admiral

I would not suggest you share a cabin just to get the balcony. I would definitely go with an inside room. There is nothing like having your own space.

If you want outside, the ship is loaded with various types of decks both active and secluded.

Go to the single forum and search for the threads on horrible cabinmates and it may make the decision for you.

Happy cruzin.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Beginner

thanks - i think i am leaning towards a single!
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Captain

when we cruise we always get a inside cabin i like the price for inside
cabin and i also enjoy have my own space you can always go up on deck
if you went fresh air and its free
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Admiral

I agree with getting the single. I have traveled solo a lot and, while I have sometimes had great cabin mates, I've also had some I really disliked (odd for me). Usually because they left things all over the cabin or were noisy when I needed to sleep, etc. And, as said, you can get that fresh sea air for free out on deck!
Marty
Old May 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Admiral

I consider the Lido Deck to be my balcony.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Keep leaning toward the inside. Those cabins are awfully small to have to share it with someone you don't know very well. I have cruised with inside cabins and also with balconies. I love the balconies, but I don't think I would have wanted to share it with anyone but my husband. It would be a gamble.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:44 AM
Admiral

One thing to keep in mind is the itinerary. Cruising the fjords may lead to great scenery as you cruise which would favor a balcony. That has to be weighed against having your own space.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82