Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Passenger

On the Conquest 2005 met a couple who had quiet a bit to drink one afternoon. The man met up with us much later that evening looking puzzled and embarressed as he explained why he wasn't at dinner ( was our table mate). He'd apparantly passed out atop their bed after all the drinking on the Lido deck all day long and woke up several hours later still naked with the room and bed all made up and cleaned around him!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Hey now, I was one of those that wore the same clothes for 3 days until we hit our first port - the airlines lost our luggage and it took a while to catch up with us
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

I actually saw 2 things that stick in my mind. First one was years ago in St. Thomas. We were on the Ecstasy, getting ready to depart the dock when we heard all this commotion and hollering from people, and some crew, who were at the rail facing the dock. We ran over and saw that there was a road that ran straight out from the ship, back about a block or two. Down about halfway, a taxi had dropped off a younger couple who were now trying to run for the ship before the gangway was pulled in. But.....they had apparently been partaking of large quantities of adult beverages and were having trouble with the whole walking/running thing. It was much like when you spin around for a while then try to walk and the dizziness makes you weave, a lot, back and forth, and stumble. They were slowly making progress although most of their motion was actually back and forth across the road. Everybody at the rail was cheering them on. But funnier still was the crew at the gangway. They had seen the couple and when they were about 50 yards away, they very slowly started to pull it in. This caused the couple to ATTEMPT to pick up speed which only made the weaving more exagerrated. It was hilarious, the gangway crew was dying laughing, and the cheering just got louder and louder until they got on board.

The second was in the spring of 2002. We were on Adventure OTS sailing from Curacao to St. maarten. We were actually about smack dab in the middle of the Caribbean and I was up on the pool deck lounging with my wife. It was a really nice day and I was just relaxing when something caught my attention. It was a sound that really hit me, mostly because it was not something you would expect to hear on a ship. It sounded a little like an airplane. My wife says I'm more sensetive to it since I work for an airline and am an airplane nut. Anyway I looked around and pretty soon saw a Navy E-2 sub-hunter getting ready to make a diving pass along the ship. He passed at the level of the pool deck about 100 yards to the side then pulled up hard. My wife asked me what kind of airplane it was and I told her. I saw the plane was setting up for another pass and my wife and I were talking about it. A bunch of people had gathered around because I guess it appeared i seemed to know what I was talking about, something I don't always claim. Anyway, some woman came up to me and in a totally serious voice asked me....."is it one of ours". I thought she was joking and I jokingly replied, 'no, it's the the St. Lucian navy....they're known troublemakers out here!" Well everyone gathered around started cracking up.......except for that woman, she started shaking and told her friend, "let's get out of here....the St. Lucians are attacking" and started to take off. She took it seriously and some of the other people had to stop her and explain that it was a joke. In fact we didn't even think they had a Navy. But she was sure they were after us. Everyone was laughing but trying not to let her see. Crazy.
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I have a couple...

We watched this woman fall down the stairs then proceed to sit at the bar with a drink and cry about how the waves were so rough it caused a chair to fly across the deck and hit her and now her knee was hurt.... (it was rough, but her falling down the stairs caused her knee hurt, the chair thing never happened...)

And my very own acrobatics I performed when tripping over a beach chair... and had the railing been shorter or had I been taller I would have went right over...

I told my two friends this last cruise (whom had never cruised before) that they would see lots of 'special' people on board...
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Betting in Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNYC
I was on an inside passage cruise with NCL and there was a guy on board with his Wife or Girlfriend. The funny thing is he was dressed as a baby, diaper and all for the entire 7 days. When asked why, he would only say

"I lost the bet"

Wow! That must have been some bet!
Old September 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I saw a woman taking a shower completely in the nude in a public pool shower on the top deck. It was just after sunset and all the passengers were at dinner, but myself and a few bandmembers walked right past her. She was older and either European, or maybe a little "dim." we didn't stick around to ask questions.

I did a "masquerade party" (as a stage manager) where a woman came out in a cat costume wearing nothing on the bottom but black panty hose. The problem was my blue lights have the exact same effect as a black light, and her white underwear glowed through the pantyhose like they weren't even there.

OK, I was too much in shock to realize it was MY lights causing the effect. The whole house was in tears they were laughing so hard. To all of us it just looked like she was walking out in her underwear and whiskers glued to her cheeks. I feel kind of bad about it now - but she had no idea what people were laughing about.
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

On our first cruise on the Sovereign there was a girl that had had WAY to many welcome aboard drinks and was looking for the "Mustard" room for the drill.. Hubby and I saw her many times during that 3 days and she always had a drink and was not hitting on all cylinders. We still laugh about her. Believe me, it wasn't an act!!!
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:49 PM
First Mate

Hard to beat the diaper story but perhaps this falls into the same category...funny in a gross and disgusting sort of way.
On Celebrity Mercury, there was a couple in their ?sixties, who wore their white bathrobes into the buffet every day. This wouldn't be so bad except that the man's black Speedo was draped over his arm! One very windy evening at a poolside party, it became quite evident that he owned only the one Speedo!
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

During our cruise on the Pride of Aloha in March, my wife and I were on deck six while sailing past the Na'Pali Coast. We found the open deck a great area to watch the island pass and we were treated to the sights of whales. Later that same day at dinner the couple behind us in line asked if we had seen any whales today. We replied, yes. They asked us where we saw them on the ship, since they were standing on the open decks above and did not see any. When we told them we were on deck six on the port side, the husband said to his wife, "Honey, you had to go down to deck six to see the whales." As if you could not see the whales from any deck on the port side.
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I have seen a lot of funny things on my cruises....in fact, I have done alot of funny things

But this was among the best. In the belly flop contest on the Sovereign, this guy dropped his shorts to reveal the Speedo. The crowd went wild and he won. I am in the yellow holding the chair.

This woman had this thing hanging out of her at Coco Cay and I asked her what it was and she said her skinny husband fell in...

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old October 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Beginner

Funniest thing I've seen was women popping out of their swimsuits on the Flowrider on Freedom. Ladies, there's a reason they recommend you wear a t-shirt, but feel free to continue to ignore this advice. Aside from that, the Quest game show on RCCL ships is always good for a laugh and images that will be burned into your brain forever.
Old October 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

On the Maine Windjammer Heritage there was a woman from Louisiana. every day she would come out on deck in this hat that had a little umbrella on it. She would sit there with the umbrella opened to shade her from the sun. The umbrella was not very big and was of little use to shade her but it did look funny.
On the Celebration I was in the showroom one day while they were having the knobby knee contest. The gentlemen contestants were standing on the stage. The ladies who were judging were standing in front of the stage on the floor. The ladies who were judging were feeling the knees and making comments about the knees. The last judge went along feeling the knees and making comments about each contestant. She got to the last one then said "This one wins" "He is not wearing any underwear"!!
The poor man was mortified but the whole room fell apart laughing.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 20th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Captain

I had almost forgot about this until DH reminded me today. As I was relaxing in a beach chair in Grand Cayman, a man decided to take the chair in front of me. He was wearing shorts over his swim suit and, facing away from me (thank goodness) proceeded to remove the shorts. Without realizing it he pulled the swimsuit down as well. He was bent over to pull down the shorts and mooned me.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old October 21st, 2007, 08:35 AM
Captain

This is a real story even though many cruise directors tell it as a joke. It was years ago, we were on our 1st cruise aboard the old Carnival Festival. Our daughter who was around 5 wanted to swim so we took her to the kids pool. It was very small with water only about 12 inches deep. This was before stabliers on the ships so there was lots of rocking and the water was sloshing back and forth. This older large lady was sitting in the kids pool (don't know why) when the ship did a big rock and she was splashed with water. Her remark...."It's salt water, that must be why there are waves in this pool". We laughed ourselfs silly. Then on a cruise several years later we heard the cruise director tell the story as a joke and we looked at each other ....been there, saw that!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgalSue
This is a real story even though many cruise directors tell it as a joke. It was years ago, we were on our 1st cruise aboard the old Carnival Festival. Our daughter who was around 5 wanted to swim so we took her to the kids pool. It was very small with water only about 12 inches deep. This was before stabliers on the ships so there was lots of rocking and the water was sloshing back and forth. This older large lady was sitting in the kids pool (don't know why) when the ship did a big rock and she was splashed with water. Her remark...."It's salt water, that must be why there are waves in this pool". We laughed ourselfs silly. Then on a cruise several years later we heard the cruise director tell the story as a joke and we looked at each other ....been there, saw that!
If you witnessed this, it probably has happened a lot. Sometimes we say the dumbest things don't we?
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
Captain

Smile

saw a women pop out of her swim suit