Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to rockysilvosa
Default Military Discounts

I have been unable to find information regarding the Active Duty/Retired Military discount programs that the various Cruise Lines offer. Does anyone know of a web site or other source for this information?
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Check individual cruise line's websites. I personally only know about RCCL's policy. The info is in the FAQ section, and it boils down to, call their special services people.
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Admiral

We book for our Military Discounts thru Interliner.com. We have gotten some really good discounts, better than most cruiselines. This website is also good for airline and retired airline employees.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks CA Cruiser and Sapphyre for your valuable information. That was very kind of you. I shall try th Interliner.com site. In the end, I suspect I will be talking to the travel agent. Thanks again.
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Admiral

We got a great military discount through my Carnival PVP. I haven't seen it any cheaper anywhere else.

Carnival legend November 2009
Carnival Glory October 2007
Carnival Elation November 2006
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Found this on another website, don't know how current it is, but hope it helps.

From time to time, one or more cruise lines will offer special discounts on select sailings to Vacations To Go customers who are members of the military. Military personnel must present proper documentation at the time of booking to qualify for the special rates. At the current time, the following military discounts are available:
Carnival offers military discounts to customers who are active, reserve or retired members, or veterans of the U.S. military. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID, retired military ID or discharge papers and a driver's license, at the time of booking. Click here for a list of Carnival cruises with special military rates.

Celebrity offers military discounts to active, reserve and retired members of the U.S. military and the Canadian Forces. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID at the time of booking. Click here for a list of Celebrity's cruises with special military rates.

Holland America offers military discounts to active members of the U.S. military and the Canadian Forces. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID and a driver's license, at the time of booking. Click here for a list of Holland America cruises with special military rates.

MSC Cruises offers military discounts to active and retired members of the U.S. military and the Canadian Forces. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID and a driver's license, at the time of booking. Click here for a list of MSC's cruises with special military rates.

Norwegian offers military discounts to active and retired members of the U.S. military and the Canadian Forces. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID and a driver's license, at the time of booking. Click here for a list of Norwegian's cruises with special military rates.

Orient Lines offers military discounts to active and retired members of the U.S. military and the Canadian Forces. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID and a driver's license, at the time of booking. Click here for a list of Orient's cruises with special military rates.

Princess offers military discounts to members of the U.S. military who are active, reserve, or have served for 20+ years. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID at the time of booking. Click here for a list of Princess military discounts.

Royal Caribbean offers military discounts to active, reserve and retired members of the U.S. military and the Canadian Forces. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID at the time of booking. Click here for a list of Royal Caribbean's cruises with special military rates.

Conquest 6/05
Triumph 2/06
Holiday 5/06
Miracle 2/07
Glory 6/07
Holiday 2/08
Holiday 2/08 (B2B)
Legend 1/09
Spirit 5/09
Holiday 8/09
Triumph 12/09
Valor 5/10
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:12 AM
Familiar Face

Default Thank you All for your valuable input.

I asked this question only two days ago. Yesterday I booked a cruise from Honolulu to Ensenada, Mexico using the recommended interliner.com web site. I saved just under $400 with my military retiree discount. So, thanks again everone for you suggestions. This CruiseMates site has been so helpfull over the past three years that I have been using same.