CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   CABIN SELECTION -- IS A REAR FACING STERN CABIN A PROBLEM??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/334611-cabin-selection-rear-facing-stern-cabin-problem.html)

1cruiser June 11th, 2007 08:40 PM

CABIN SELECTION -- IS A REAR FACING STERN CABIN A PROBLEM???

I have a choice between a cabin with balcony that is on the stern of the ship and a cabin with window that is in the middle of the ship, both for about the same price. The cabin in the middle faces out to the side, the cabin on the stern faces to the rear of the ship.

Is there any reason why a cabin on the stern of the ship (facing backwards) is a problem?

Kuki June 12th, 2007 02:13 PM

Those aft facing cabins on the stern are normally amongst the most desirable on the ship. GRAB IT!

You get a larger balcony, with a great unobstructed view of where you've been.

lsulli5 June 12th, 2007 10:04 PM

oceanview at back of ship

i have a choice of 3 adjoining rooms oceanview at very back of ship for four people or one room oceanview for four people (2 adults and 2 teen girls).
Is it a comfortable ride at back? this is our second cruise. too much vibration?

thanks

lsulli5 June 12th, 2007 10:06 PM

rear stateroom

oops...2 adoining rooms not 3 ......../sorry

1cruiser June 12th, 2007 10:15 PM

Thanks for the tip.....

Consider it grabbed. The guy at the cruiseline said the same thing...these cabins go first. Thanks for the advice

honeybear197430 June 13th, 2007 05:21 AM

I just booked an aft cabin on the Conquest for Dec 9th 2007...when I was making my reservation the gal told me also that these are the most desired cabins......and that they go really quick....so I snapped up a cabin,
and I know the ride will be great. LOL

Mike M June 13th, 2007 02:30 PM

You made the right choice :!: :!:

A stern, aft balcony are, IMO the best cabins on the ship. I book them whenever possible.

You will not regret the decision, ESPECIALLY if the price was comprable to an outside cabin.

ENJOY the cruise.
Mike

Bobby_G June 13th, 2007 06:31 PM

Unfortunately, word is getting out about these cabins and they are booking much faster then before. Oh well, can't keep good news secret. LOL

mehawk June 13th, 2007 08:02 PM

To me, they are too bumpy. :roll:

Bobby_G June 14th, 2007 08:26 AM

Well, since I have never had nor seen a small white cap on any of my cruises, I can't comment on 'bumpy'. Ours were so smooth it was almost ridiculous. Besides, I can't imagine the very tail of the ship being bumpy since they are just over the props which should be the smoothest of anywhere on the ship. But, to each his own. Actually, I was hoping no one would like them so they would be easier to get. :twisted:

TEXAS CRUISER June 25th, 2007 01:40 PM

Aft Balcony

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Well, since I have never had nor seen a small white cap on any of my cruises, I can't comment on 'bumpy'. Ours were so smooth it was almost ridiculous. Besides, I can't imagine the very tail of the ship being bumpy since they are just over the props which should be the smoothest of anywhere on the ship. But, to each his own. Actually, I was hoping no one would like them so they would be easier to get. :twisted:

Hey Bob Maybe they will get unpopular, like the Pet Rock! LOL :wink:

Greg72 June 26th, 2007 12:07 PM

My wife and I were upgraded to a stern cabin, originally book on an inside guaranteed stateroom. Anyway we absolutely LOVED the stern cabin.

Watching the ships wake at night was mesmerizing.

On our upcoming cruise we wanted 2 rooms together , the kids are traveling with us this time. Unfortunately we could not get stern cabins....oh well....guess we will have to book another cruise after this one!

Bobby_G June 26th, 2007 10:25 PM

Re: Aft Balcony

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXAS CRUISER
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_G

Hey Bob Maybe they will get unpopular, like the Pet Rock! LOL :wink:

Yeah, I guess I'm gonna have to start telling everyone how rough, smelly, and windy they are. Plus when you open the balcony door, tends to suck you out of the cabin and we know that is dangerous. :twisted: :twisted:

mmajoyce August 2nd, 2007 04:44 PM

Can someone shed a little light on the cabin location in general for me? I have been on various ships, Celebrity, Carnival, RCCL, etc and I have been in cabins in various sections of the ship and i never noticed obstructions or propeller noise etc like I hear others discuss. I am sailing again on RCCL in Nov and we are going with oceanview this time and I dont know where to pick a room. I am barely ever in the room, but would like to hear some opinions. The ship is Serenade of the Seas.
I am not using a travel agent so anyone that knows anything about this thanks in advance!~
Thx!