Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Beginner

Default CABIN SELECTION -- IS A REAR FACING STERN CABIN A PROBLEM???

I have a choice between a cabin with balcony that is on the stern of the ship and a cabin with window that is in the middle of the ship, both for about the same price. The cabin in the middle faces out to the side, the cabin on the stern faces to the rear of the ship.

Is there any reason why a cabin on the stern of the ship (facing backwards) is a problem?
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Those aft facing cabins on the stern are normally amongst the most desirable on the ship. GRAB IT!

You get a larger balcony, with a great unobstructed view of where you've been.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Beginner

Default oceanview at back of ship

i have a choice of 3 adjoining rooms oceanview at very back of ship for four people or one room oceanview for four people (2 adults and 2 teen girls).
Is it a comfortable ride at back? this is our second cruise. too much vibration?

thanks
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Beginner

Default rear stateroom

oops...2 adoining rooms not 3 ......../sorry
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks for the tip.....

Consider it grabbed. The guy at the cruiseline said the same thing...these cabins go first. Thanks for the advice
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Passenger

I just booked an aft cabin on the Conquest for Dec 9th 2007...when I was making my reservation the gal told me also that these are the most desired cabins......and that they go really quick....so I snapped up a cabin,
and I know the ride will be great.
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

You made the right choice

A stern, aft balcony are, IMO the best cabins on the ship. I book them whenever possible.

You will not regret the decision, ESPECIALLY if the price was comprable to an outside cabin.

ENJOY the cruise.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Unfortunately, word is getting out about these cabins and they are booking much faster then before. Oh well, can't keep good news secret.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Admiral

To me, they are too bumpy.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Well, since I have never had nor seen a small white cap on any of my cruises, I can't comment on 'bumpy'. Ours were so smooth it was almost ridiculous. Besides, I can't imagine the very tail of the ship being bumpy since they are just over the props which should be the smoothest of anywhere on the ship. But, to each his own. Actually, I was hoping no one would like them so they would be easier to get.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old June 25th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Passenger

Default Aft Balcony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Well, since I have never had nor seen a small white cap on any of my cruises, I can't comment on 'bumpy'. Ours were so smooth it was almost ridiculous. Besides, I can't imagine the very tail of the ship being bumpy since they are just over the props which should be the smoothest of anywhere on the ship. But, to each his own. Actually, I was hoping no one would like them so they would be easier to get.
Hey Bob Maybe they will get unpopular, like the Pet Rock!

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Passenger

My wife and I were upgraded to a stern cabin, originally book on an inside guaranteed stateroom. Anyway we absolutely LOVED the stern cabin.

Watching the ships wake at night was mesmerizing.

On our upcoming cruise we wanted 2 rooms together , the kids are traveling with us this time. Unfortunately we could not get stern cabins....oh well....guess we will have to book another cruise after this one!
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Aft Balcony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS CRUISER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Hey Bob Maybe they will get unpopular, like the Pet Rock!
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna have to start telling everyone how rough, smelly, and windy they are. Plus when you open the balcony door, tends to suck you out of the cabin and we know that is dangerous.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Passenger

Can someone shed a little light on the cabin location in general for me? I have been on various ships, Celebrity, Carnival, RCCL, etc and I have been in cabins in various sections of the ship and i never noticed obstructions or propeller noise etc like I hear others discuss. I am sailing again on RCCL in Nov and we are going with oceanview this time and I dont know where to pick a room. I am barely ever in the room, but would like to hear some opinions. The ship is Serenade of the Seas.
I am not using a travel agent so anyone that knows anything about this thanks in advance!~
Thx!