Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Beginner

Default Traditional style ships

We are retired and have previously enjoyed the traditional style of QEII (the only ship on which we have sailed). Have read very mixed reviews of QMII on these message boards. We are hoping the new QVictoria will be again traditional in style (early promos described it as being designed for the British market). Otherwise, are there any recommendations for ships with the more restrained style of QEII? The pictures of HAL ships look pretty razz-matazzy. We have only sailed transatlantic and enjoyed that voyage very much, but would like to also do a Northern European trip.
Any suggestions VERY welcome!
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I moved this post from the "Help Using Our Message Boards" to this forum so more folks will see the post.

The Holland America "S" class ships: Statendam, Ryndam, Veendam have a very Ocean Liner feel as well as the Prinsendam.

The R class ships, while being "slightly" larger still have that feeling but a few more large ship amenities.

Cruise lines such as Oceana and Azamara have the R class ships that I personally enjoy. They are not quite ocean liners but are a nice mix between the mega cruise ships and a smaller liner.

Some other folks may have other ideas.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me