Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to carltonwoods11 Send a message via MSN to carltonwoods11
Default Guaranteed Room when to arrive???

I am taking a last minute cruise Jun 30 on Carnival Ectasy out of Galveston. What would be the best time to arrive at the dock for a 4pm sailing. I was planning on arriving about 1pm. Concerned about when they clear the Guaranteed room list? Will I be waiting until 4pm to receive a room?
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Admiral

We almost always book guaranteed cabin and it has always been assigned by the time we got to the pier. The baggage handlers have to know, so that your bags go to the right cabin, so they have a list. We even go an hour or so before earliest listed boarding time, since hubby always allows time for car troubles, etc. And, they have always had our cabin ready and assigned already.
Marty
Old June 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
I am taking a last minute cruise Jun 30 on Carnival Ectasy out of Galveston. What would be the best time to arrive at the dock for a 4pm sailing. I was planning on arriving about 1pm. Concerned about when they clear the Guaranteed room list? Will I be waiting until 4pm to receive a room?
Colorcrazie: Congratulations on the last minute cruise!!!

Don't worry: Arrive whenever you like. As long as it's before the ship sails.

Cabins are assigned and the manifest is set BEFORE guests board. That's how the porters know who's in what cabin. In most likelihood you will receive your cabin assignment with your documents or you can check and see if a cabin has been assigned when you fill out your Online Funpass.

Have a great time.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Passenger

Default Last Minute Cruise Galveston

We are Going out of Galveston on The Conquest and we are Going to Go around 10:30AM or 11AM, If you get there around 1 PM then everyone who boards at that time will be ahead of you and your looking at a Hour to Two Hours Wait Time! We have Been Going that time for our last 7 Cruises and have Gotten on Board within 45 Minutes! This is for Carnival and Royal Caribbean as well!

Old June 24th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to carltonwoods11 Send a message via MSN to carltonwoods11

Thanks for the info on the boarding times. It helps a lot! :-)
I have a follow up question.
Since we booked late, we got the late seating for dinner - 8:00 p.m. We have kids on the young-side. What are the chances we will be able to get the early dinner seating? Do we ask the check in person at dock side or wait until we get on the ship?
Thanks!!
Old June 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroltonwoods11
Since we booked late, we got the late seating for dinner - 8:00 p.m. We have kids on the young-side. What are the chances we will be able to get the early dinner seating? Do we ask the check in person at dock side or wait until we get on the ship?
Thanks!!
As soon as you are on board find out where the Maitre 'd or Dining Room Manager is stationed (Usually outside or in one of the main dining rooms) and go there and ask to have your seating time changed. His location can be found in your cabin newsletter or you can ask at Guest Services.

Explain your situation to the Maitre 'd. They often make an effort to put families at early seating but there is NO GUARANTEE you will be moved but the earlier you are there the better your chances. There will be others who will want the same thing.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me