CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Booking site w/ very low prices (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/336207-booking-site-w-very-low-prices.html)

jolynn2262 July 12th, 2007 03:57 PM

Booking site w/ very low prices

I came across a travel/cruise internet site smartcruiser.com and can't believe how much cheaper their prices are. I'm talking close to 1000.00 dollars for two people for a cruise. Has anyone used this site. They are members of the BBB, and I could't find any complaints with Consumer Protection, but such low prices raise a red flag. I'm worried about reservation screw ups and the like. They seem too good to be true. I have used Expedia, Cheap Tickets, and Travelocity without ever having a problem, but this site is much cheaper than all of them.

Bobby_G July 12th, 2007 07:29 PM

Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!

Donna July 12th, 2007 08:52 PM

Just make sure they have included all the extra taxes, port charges, etc. Some do and some don't, then the ones that don't seem cheaper, but in reality aren't and sometimes more expensive.

Some agents will get group space and that's a money saver, you can always ask a travel agent what cruise they have group space book on and get some of those prices.

Happy Cruising!

LisaK July 13th, 2007 10:37 AM

read the fine print very carefully, find out what is and what isn't included, what cabin catagories are you booking into, what dates are you limited to?
Can you call them or are all transactions via e-mail? do they have any certifications from the cruise/travel industry?

Fruitcake July 13th, 2007 06:08 PM

We have used them in the past. I believe they are based in Boynton Beach, Florida.

But we found others to be cheaper, and smartcruiser to be the same as a bunch of other popular sites.

If you are finding such a significant difference in price, it should raise red flags. Something is wrong.

jolynn2262 July 13th, 2007 07:09 PM

Thanks to you all. Though it is tempting and I did look them up with the BBB, I am going with my gut instincts and passing on their bargins. The price diffence is worth avoiding the headaches/heartaches that a disappearing booking would cause.

mehawk July 13th, 2007 08:22 PM

Follow the adage, if it is too good to be true, it probably is. :D

invest4u24 July 27th, 2007 02:47 PM

smartcruiser

I have used them in the past. Prices were great. However, we ended up having a problem when Carnival moved the couple traveling with us but did not move us. Working with this company was a nightmare!!! They were very unhelpful and acted like I was too much trouble to deal with. I ended up calling Carnival myself and found out that they could move me when this company said they couldn't. I ended up complaining to the BBB and the remarks they made in reply even more reflected their horrible customer service!! ( such as I wanted them to do to much for me, they didn't have all day to spend on the phone, etc.) Beware!!

Deejae August 22nd, 2007 04:38 PM

I have booked 3 cruises thru Smartcruiser and they have been great. I did not find them to be $1000.00 cheaper, however, they do offer free travel insurance or another type of bonus and their prices are usually slightly lower. I have never had a problem contacting them or making any changes to my reservation.

Janet

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 23rd, 2007 07:02 AM

When it comes to prices, MOST, if not ALL the same bargains you find online, you
can also find by clicking on the CRUISE SHOPPING tab on the CRUISEMATES website.
Then it gives you some more options like BEST OF THE WEB, BEST OF CRUISEMATES,
CRUISE BARGAINS. You might want to keep that in mind next time you are shopping for a
cruise, price for price, please book using the links provided by cruisemates, helps keep the
site running and for free for all of us to enjoy.

Happy cruising everyone :)

Captain

bettorwithage February 22nd, 2012 12:43 PM

We have booked through smartcruiser.com on several occasions and always found their prices to be less than others. We have ALWAYS had very good service from them and always check thier prices before final booking....and they have either met or came in below others for the exact same cruise.