Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Passenger

Default Booking site w/ very low prices

I came across a travel/cruise internet site smartcruiser.com and can't believe how much cheaper their prices are. I'm talking close to 1000.00 dollars for two people for a cruise. Has anyone used this site. They are members of the BBB, and I could't find any complaints with Consumer Protection, but such low prices raise a red flag. I'm worried about reservation screw ups and the like. They seem too good to be true. I have used Expedia, Cheap Tickets, and Travelocity without ever having a problem, but this site is much cheaper than all of them.
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just make sure they have included all the extra taxes, port charges, etc. Some do and some don't, then the ones that don't seem cheaper, but in reality aren't and sometimes more expensive.

Some agents will get group space and that's a money saver, you can always ask a travel agent what cruise they have group space book on and get some of those prices.

Happy Cruising!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Admiral

read the fine print very carefully, find out what is and what isn't included, what cabin catagories are you booking into, what dates are you limited to?
Can you call them or are all transactions via e-mail? do they have any certifications from the cruise/travel industry?
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Yeoman

We have used them in the past. I believe they are based in Boynton Beach, Florida.

But we found others to be cheaper, and smartcruiser to be the same as a bunch of other popular sites.

If you are finding such a significant difference in price, it should raise red flags. Something is wrong.
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Passenger

Thanks to you all. Though it is tempting and I did look them up with the BBB, I am going with my gut instincts and passing on their bargins. The price diffence is worth avoiding the headaches/heartaches that a disappearing booking would cause.
Old July 13th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Follow the adage, if it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Passenger

Default smartcruiser

I have used them in the past. Prices were great. However, we ended up having a problem when Carnival moved the couple traveling with us but did not move us. Working with this company was a nightmare!!! They were very unhelpful and acted like I was too much trouble to deal with. I ended up calling Carnival myself and found out that they could move me when this company said they couldn't. I ended up complaining to the BBB and the remarks they made in reply even more reflected their horrible customer service!! ( such as I wanted them to do to much for me, they didn't have all day to spend on the phone, etc.) Beware!!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Beginner

I have booked 3 cruises thru Smartcruiser and they have been great. I did not find them to be $1000.00 cheaper, however, they do offer free travel insurance or another type of bonus and their prices are usually slightly lower. I have never had a problem contacting them or making any changes to my reservation.

Janet
Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

When it comes to prices, MOST, if not ALL the same bargains you find online, you
can also find by clicking on the CRUISE SHOPPING tab on the CRUISEMATES website.
Then it gives you some more options like BEST OF THE WEB, BEST OF CRUISEMATES,
CRUISE BARGAINS. You might want to keep that in mind next time you are shopping for a
cruise, price for price, please book using the links provided by cruisemates, helps keep the
site running and for free for all of us to enjoy.

Happy cruising everyone

Captain
Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We have booked through smartcruiser.com on several occasions and always found their prices to be less than others. We have ALWAYS had very good service from them and always check thier prices before final booking....and they have either met or came in below others for the exact same cruise.