Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Aren't You Glad

That the ships are getting better bedding? How many times have you wished for your own comfy bed, when sleeping on a ship!

The Freedom odf the seas and the Century, our last 2 cruises, we slept like babies. On the one before that, the Zuiderdam, we were, a day late and a dollar short, missing the new mattresses. We needed to ask for egg crate padding to make it at least a bit comfy! And how about those rounded end beds? I suppose tall crusiers are not that thrilled, but boy they look nice made up.

I know some people take their own pillows, and NEVER sleep with the spread on, and bring gigantic bottles of Lysol to spray every surface...Any rituals for you?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Trip,
I'm with you, I loved the bedding on Freedom of the Seas. Only slight, and I say slight problem, the comforter was a little warm, I should of asked for a light weight blanket, but I still slept like a baby.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Admiral

I had trouble on the first "new" bed on Carnival but it is good now.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Admiral

i totally agree with you ladies, the bedding on the Freedom was very comfy. Donna we also thought that the comforter was very heavy and we had our room steward remove it and give us a blanket.
DH is one who brings his own pillow, he has issues with his neck and his pillow from home is just right.
Old July 19th, 2007, 12:25 PM
First Mate

trip, I'm sorry you missed the new HAL bedding--it's being reported as the best of all the cruise lines by people who cruise multiple lines.

We do bring our own pillows (personal preference--we do this wherever we travel)--we compress them in Pack Mate bags and they take up little space and weigh virtually nothing.