Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Passenger

Default FLL to Port Everglades Hertz shuttle? .. has anyone used???

Trying to figure out the best way to get around with two days before cruise. Either using a hotel shuttle then renting a car or renting straight from the airport. Can't find a car rental company that will let you start at the airport and drop at the pier. Have seniors and luggage. Thanks for any info..advise.
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:48 AM
Admiral

since the pier is about 10minutes from the airport, your best bet would be to rent at the airport, pick up your car for your 2 days, day of the cruise, pack everybody up into the car, head over to the pier, drop them off with all the luggage, you take the car back to the airport and then hop the shuttle(should be free) to the pier, lots of folks do this.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:51 AM
Admiral

me again, just had another thought. IF your hotel has complimentary shuttle service to the pier, you might want to check into dropping the car off the night before you cruise to avoid some running around. I do not know if the Hertz shuttle would take you to your hotel, you would have to call and find out about that one.If they don't shuttle you to your hotel,it still might be worth your while to grab a cab back to your hotel to avoid the running around the day of the cruise.
Old August 1st, 2007, 08:00 PM
Passenger

I was thinking of doing just that but my senior lady friends are a bit nervous being left at the pier without me so my current thought is to rent at the airport, use for two days, then return to airport and have them shuttle us (no charge) over to the pier. Since we are flying in we have luggage restrictions so with the help of porters we should be OK. Thanks for your help... (Cruising back to San Francisco/home so only have to do this one way, whew..)
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Admiral

that would work for you just fine, just give yourself enough wiggle room time to get to the pier so you don't go crazy with worry about getting to the ship on time
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Shuttle

Resorts charge heavy parking fees. Take a cab from the airport to your hotel and use the City trolly, the City has a great system with a daily pass is around $3.00
Rental car taxes and fees are around 30% additional per day.

Danny
Old October 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

When we rented from hertz on our return of the car. They shuttled us to the port and it was very speedy!!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Passenger

First, let me post my credentials for submitting a reply to your inquiry....
I work at FLL! Now let me fill you in:

All of the major car rental companies are located in the parking garage opposite Terminal 1. These car rental companies service both the airport and the Port Everglades Cruise Port from this location.

If you fly into Fort Lauderdale and rent a car there, and return it to the same location, they provide a free shuttle from the car rental terminal to Port Everglades on the days that ships are in port! The airport is only arount 3 or 4 miles (depending on which pier your ship is using) from Port Everglades! The bus ride takes about 10 minutes.

...a clarification of my earlier statement: Even if you didn't rent a car at FLL, such as a 1 way rental being dropped off at FLL, you still have the free shuttle bus available to take you to the pier.

Any other questions?

Jerry