CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   decorating doors (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/337971-decorating-doors.html)

lisa tberry August 13th, 2007 11:43 PM

decorating doors

When some people say they decorate the door with what?

Are they metal will a magnet work? I figure you can't bring anything bulky the hallways are so narrow anyway.

adias.angel August 14th, 2007 09:21 AM

Yes I am curious too. Can you use tape or anything like that?

I was thinking about getting creative with my Scrap booking supplies and creating one for all of our doors for the new years eve cruise. Carla ;)

Hawaiifrank August 29th, 2007 04:38 PM

Cabin Doors

I haven't been on a cruise yet (I'm booked on the Conquest 17 Aug 2008 ). I have read quite a number of posts here and in another cruise forum. One of the things I learned was that the doors are not metal, at least on most ships. There goes the magnets idea. I plan to bring some window appliques, the cling/peal-off ones. If they don't stick, there's always tape.

I've also read about people who make a poster and tape it up. Or use the suction hooks to hang something, such as a dry-erase board on their door or even a pad of paper and a pen so passer-by can leave them a message (or crude comment LOL).

I have also read that sometimes the items get stolen or moved by practical jokers or mean-spirited kids. Always check the room number before you try to get in your cabin, just in case some joker moved your sign to your neighbors door. :oops:

Frank

CruzNut August 31st, 2007 12:20 AM

You're right forget magnets - tape does work. Did have paper and pen up and someone stole the pen!

If you're on Princess and told them you're celebrating a b'day, anniversary, honeymoon, they'll put up balloons on the day you specify and you'll get a cake in the traditional dining room - if you're on Anytime, then just ask the maitre d' or headwaiter.

kd September 8th, 2007 02:07 PM

My question is.....why would you want to decorate your door? The only thing I have ever put on my door is a sticky note pad when we were travelling with a large family group in a number of staterooms.

adias.angel September 10th, 2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kd
My question is.....why would you want to decorate your door? The only thing I have ever put on my door is a sticky note pad when we were travelling with a large family group in a number of staterooms.

For some its because they are to drunk to read the number to get back to the cabin. For us its because we are taking a group and are going to be spread out. We can find each other easier this way. Carla ;)

kd September 10th, 2007 12:34 PM

Thanks Carla, good reasoning on both counts.

Tishbo96 September 22nd, 2007 12:07 PM

I happen to be cruising over Christmas with children and plan on decorating the door in a holiday theme. Any ideas?

I was thining about bringing along one of those 3M door hangers with the sticking tape which is removable. Do you think CCL would object to hanging a wreath?

Russell in MD September 23rd, 2007 11:10 PM

For us is its either the sticky kind of stickers that we remove before disembarking of the cling on stickers like people put on car windows.

Craft stores have all kinds of this stuff.

HTH
R