Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
Captain

Default Change in Holiday Itinerary

The Holiday had to make an itinerary change due to Hurricane Dean and went to Freeport and Key West. I would love to see them offer this as a regular itinerary. The Holiday is the only ship Mobile has and many people here have sailed it several times. I love Cozumel and Costa Maya, but it surely would be nice if once a month we could get a trip to Freeport and Key West out of Mobile.

If Dean can set this up, maybe Carnival can.

[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Change in Holiday Itinerary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
The Holiday had to make an itinerary change due to Hurricane Dean and went to Freeport and Key West. I would love to see them offer this as a regular itinerary. The Holiday is the only ship Mobile has and many people here have sailed it several times. I love Cozumel and Costa Maya, but it surely would be nice if once a month we could get a trip to Freeport and Key West out of Mobile.

If Dean can set this up, maybe Carnival can.

[/b]
I think you just had a GREAT idea to vary those out of the homeport ship itineraries. Give the locals a reason to get back on the ships.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Captain

Thanks Paul. I thought it was a good idea and particularly for Mobile since we have such a long drive to get to a cruise terminal that would take us to Freeport or the Bahamas. I did call and make the suggestion to Carnival, but it probably fell on deaf ears. .
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Passenger

I realize this topic was originally posted quite some time ago, but I just came across it and think it's a fantastic idea! I wonder if it would help to suggest the change to Carnival.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Captain

It can't hurt to bring this back to the top. It's the same frustration that frequent cruisers face all over. Even if you change embarkation ports and ships you still end up repeating many of the same itineraries after a while. It would be nice to see them shaken up a little more once in a while. It may be a logistical nightmare but we can continue to dream and hope. I'm running out of itineraries on Carnival and I'd hate to have to start line hopping more frequently to get some variety.
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Captain

About a year ago, I contacted Carnival both by phone and in a letter with this suggestion, as I am sure many others probably did. Apparently they have considered this and when the Fantasy comes to Mobile in November they are running a one time 6-day cruise on the first run. It will include Cozumel, Progreso and Costa Maya.

I also got an email about a month ago from my TA which shows several Special 7 day sailings from Mobile - as follows:

Carnival to offer seven day cruises from Mobile aboard the Fantasy!

Carnival Cruise Lines has added six, seven-day sailings from Mobile in 2010.
The departure dates are May 8 and 15, July 3 and 10, and October 23 and 30.
The ports of call are Montego Bay, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico.

Don't miss the boat! Theses cruises could be available for booking as early as January 1, 2009, and are sure to sell out! If you would like to be contacted with pricing, simply reply to this email and we'll contact you as soon as the information is available.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Admiral

I'm not sure that changing cruise lines would do you any good. The ships go where they can either dock or tender in and there are only so many islands in the Caribbean. I'm glad to see some new ones pop up, like Roatan, which we loved, but there is a limit.
If it makes anyone feel better, I lived in L.A. for 13 years and did the Mexican Riviera so many times that I ran out of tours and things to do in the ports. So, now I'm just happy to have easier access to the Caribbean again. Hubby won't fly, so that limits us a lot.
Marty