Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Beginner

Default Bad, Bad Day

My friend and I were booked on the Sovereign of the Seas for a cruise beginning last Monday. She had ordered oxygen and a concentrator to be delivered to the ship. Also a scooter. The scooter arrived. The o2 did not. The guy who was supposed to deliver it quit and told no one. Because she needs o2 to survive and they had none, we were put off the boat. We had to sit on the side and watch our ship sail away. Anyone have anything like this happen?
Be careful who you order your medical supplies from. This was a horrible experience. We are trying to get the o2 company to reimburse us, but have no idea what will happen.
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

That is TRULY a shame!!! Doing everything that was required and then having it fall apart and be left on the pier. TERRIBLE!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I am so sorry!!! I would call the O2 company and throw a fit and have them reimburse you...the guy quit, and no, that was not their fault, but they are ultimately responsible for keeping tabs on their employees. It would be like if I suddenly walked out on my patients, it wouldn't be the hospital's fault but the hospital would have to find my replacement... (I would NEVER do that though!)

I would also call RCCL and see if there was anyway to apply the deposit you paid to a future cruise or if they'll work with you in any way.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Captain

I am so very sorry that this happened to you. This is just so sad. I truly hope that the cruise company or the med supply company will make this up to the two of you.
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

What a heartbreaker for the two of you, I am so sorry. I sure hope someone will step up to the plate for you..let us know how you make out.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 8th, 2007, 04:52 AM
kookylabooka

egarding the compqany who was supposed to do the deluvery I would be "ripping then a new butthole" !!!!!!!!!!!!!