Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Default Do sold out cruises often open up again? (HAL)

Thought I'd post this here too.

Here's my dilemma. I'm sharing a cabin with someone who has a certificate for a free cruise and it has to be used by November 11. This person is currently on a cruise so I'm communicating with her mom to book it. She picked out 2 caribbean cruises on the Zuiderdam and then 2 others that were bad dates for me, so that left us with 2 sailings in Nov.

Anyway, the dates are the 3rd or the 10th. I told her that the 10th gave me better airfares, but I totally forgot I had tickets to see the Police on the 14th (typical mistake I often make). So, she tried to book the 10th and it was sold out. She left on her cruise, and her mom then tried to book for the 3rd, but wanted to wait until my share of the money went through. By the time it did, the 3rd was sold out but the 10th had opened up cabins. This all happened within the last 6 days.

My question is, since I'm getting a good price on an Ocean view cabin ($650) and not paying a single supplement, should I wait a bit for the 3rd to open back up or not risk losing both cruises and just book the 10th and try and sell the concert tickets?

What is anyone's experience with cruises being sold out then opening up again?

Changes in latitude, changes in attitude....
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Go with the 10th and try to sell the concert tickets. You're already past the final payment date so it would be rather doubtful that something would open up again at this point in time ... and you've got a very good price for a single (less than $100 a night).

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Passenger

I did book for the 10th cruise. Now I'll be driving myself crazy making lists and figuring what to do on port days, but it will be a fun crazy. lol

So, if anyone wants to see the Police in Philly on November 14th, I know of some tickets for sale. lol Saw them in July and they sounded great and put on a good show - just an FYI in case someone has a chance to see them over the fall.

Changes in latitude, changes in attitude....