Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Passenger

Default Suggestion for shore excursions for the Southern caribbean

Hi all, in bef 2008 I would be going on my first cruise. I'd be going to the Southern Caribbean aboard the Carnival Destiny leaving from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The islands include: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Dominica, Dominica Republic, Barbados.

At Barbados, I decide to vist the Harrison Caves then to Boatyard beach. Any other sugestions are wlecomed.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Check to see if Harrisons Caves has reopened, it was closed for refurbishing..we loved it when we visited, should be even better now..

Dominica has lots of eco touristy things to see, and enjoy, if that's your thing..not any real shopping there at all..

If you snorkle take thwe ferry over to St John, from St Thomas...and island tour is a good way to see the whole island..BlueBeards Castle, there is a plantation with beautiful gardens..take the skyride up the top of the mountain, right by the pier, and shop your barains out too;):)

St Kitts, I hope to see soon....Enjoy!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 10th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Passenger

Thank you Trip for response. I'll definitely take your advice since you are an experience cruiser. It's my first cruise.