Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Beginner

Default February Weather on Eastern Carribean Cruise

Hi All,

This is our first cruise and I'm wondering what kind of weather I can expect on an early February Eastern Carribean cruise.

Any input (both negative and positive) would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Take light sweaters or jackets for the windy nights. Otherwise, beyond the occassional shower, tropical clothing is fine.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Daytime temps should be in the 80's, with bright sunshine and balmy breezes. In other words, perfect!
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old December 5th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I find packing a sweater is always good, sometimes the dining rooms are chilly no matter what time of year you are cruising. Day time temps should be nice and sunny. Even if you run into some rain, its usually for a short period of time and doesn't ruin the entire day.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 5th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I just returned from the Eastern Caribbean, and I was surprised to see that i was not as hot as i expected. I think the Western Caribbean is hotter.

There were rain showers, and ocean swimming even in St Thomas was rather cold. I expected bath water, but it wasn't!
Old December 29th, 2007, 02:59 PM
First Mate

We have done the Eastern Caribbean 3 times. One of those times was the roughest seas we have ever experienced and the other two were pretty rocky for the first day or so. On the first occasion, our steward said it was next to, if not the worst seas he had been on. The stewards were going room to room handing out Meclazine, and there were barf bags on each stair case. The pool and hot tubs were closed down and drained as they had mini tsunamis drenching everything. Much better after a couple days. Don't want to discourage you though. Hopefully this was an exception, but I think we have had rougher seas on the Eastern runs than anywhere else. Come prepared, take something for nausea before sailing as it will be your first day out that will be the 'wooziest'.
Weather does tend to be cooler (although may not be for you) than a Western, especially the first couple days until you get well down into the islands. I have yet to leave Ft Lauderdale without needing a light jacket or sweater for sail away. Have a wonderful cruise. First cruises are wonderful and the addiction begins!