Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2008, 09:08 AM
Beginner

Default Planning for a group (mini reunion)

DH and I went on our first cruise for our honeymoon this past September, we really enjoyed ourselves and have become somewhat addicted . . . go figure We are planning to do a Southern Caribbean cruise for our 1 year anniversary in September. I also mentioned to our families during the holiday that we would like to plan a family cruise for 2009. I planned our first cruise and will plan our 1st anniversary cruise too. But I have never planned for a large group before (about 15-20 people). Any suggestions on where to begin with that? Have I bit off more than I can chew? How do I shop around for the best group rate? How do I keep everything and everyone in order with deposits, final payments, etc. Can someone recommend an excellent TA who is experienced with group planning?
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Sounds like a GREAT idea. WE've done several family reunion cruises aboard ship, and it works out so good. Nobody has to be saddled with cooking, cleaning, or arranging entertainment for the group, and everyone can do as much or as little as they want. We just meet at dinner to discuss the activities of the day, and evening, and have a great time.
Watch for a private message. I've got some suggestions for you.

Have a great cruise,

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Get an excellent travel agent to begin with. Then let all deposits and payments go directly through them. Let each couple/person book their own cruise with the agent!

Silly to do the work yourself, and it can only lead to problems if you find yourself having to chase family and friends.

You could check out the agents who handle the CruiseMates Group cruises, and also a few more, and get quotes on pricing and what extra amenities they might be able to throw in to make for a better package.
Old January 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to swannyb

Once again the very wise and cool Kuki speaks. A good TA is definitely the way to go, especially with a group/family cruise. A good TA will assist with all the arrangements and help to make this a memorable time for you and your loved ones.
- Majesty of the Seas, Mar 2004
- Grandeur of the Seas, Mar 2006

NCL Cruises Sailed
- Norwegian Sea, Apr 2000
- S.S. Norway, Dec 2000
Old January 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
Beginner

Thank you so much for the responses . . . very helpful info and advice. Does anybody know when the major lines (ie Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, Norwegian, etc) will post the remainder of there Caribbean cruises for 2009?