Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Captain

The paper cups have one other advantage. you don't have to worry about dropping and breaking them. The only place I want to see a broken glass is a Jewish Wedding
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Passenger

Our city just passed a law/ordinance regarding the drinking glass situation. Several TV news crews did those hidden camera reports here. The new ordinance states that room glassware is to be washed in the same manner as restaurant glassware is treated. Before this ordinance there were absolutely NO RULES regarding room glasses. I'm sure news crews will do follow-up reports.

That said, I have decided to take things into my own hands. I am NOT a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination. BUT I will now carry a small 1-2 oz. plastic bottle of dish detergent and a zip-lock bag with some folded paper towels to clean the room glasses where ever I travel. That includes cruise ships.

BTW Clorox Wipes do NOT have chlorine bleach in them and will not kill the norovirus if it is present.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoozeBabe
Our city just passed a law/ordinance regarding the drinking glass situation. Several TV news crews did those hidden camera reports here. The new ordinance states that room glassware is to be washed in the same manner as restaurant glassware is treated. Before this ordinance there were absolutely NO RULES regarding room glasses. I'm sure news crews will do follow-up reports.

That said, I have decided to take things into my own hands. I am NOT a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination. BUT I will now carry a small 1-2 oz. plastic bottle of dish detergent and a zip-lock bag with some folded paper towels to clean the room glasses where ever I travel. That includes cruise ships.

BTW Clorox Wipes do NOT have chlorine bleach in them and will not kill the norovirus if it is present.
Good Idea
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Passenger

I trust the cabin glasses. Plus the water in the sink is sooooo unbelievably hot, it could probably kill anything on the glasses. I think Carnival's old coffee mugs were the worst. The blue, green, yellow or white plastic ones always had some lipstick residue on them that was hard to get off. A good case for bringing your own mug.
Carnival Glory 07/04
Carnival Glory 12/04
Carnival Valor 12/05
Carnival Miracle 08/06
Carnival Fascination 10/06
Carnival Triumph 06/07
Carnival Inspiration 11/07
Carnival Destiny 08/08
Carnival Inspiration 10/09
Carnival Inspiration 10/10