Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

View Poll Results: Which way do you purchase your cruise?
Directly from the Cruise Line 2 25.00%
Use a online Travel Agency 1 12.50%
Use a personal Travel Agency 2 25.00%
Discount Sites like VacationtoGo.com 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to NickLS
Default Calling all Texas Cruiser's!! Which TA do you use?

I'm just starting my cruising career

I've been reading about everyone using a TA (which may/may not be the best bang for the buck). But I would like to get myself a travel agent.

Being that I live in Houston, Texas, more than likely I'll be always using Galveston as my Port of Choice.

So plain and simple: What TA do you use? Why did you pick this TA? Has your TA come through with all they've said they'd do?
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Welcome in friend. I have used the Carnival reps a few times, VTG is based in Houston and I have used him before, and I have used two different personal TA.s before, one was a friend of mine. You can't go wrong by comparision shopping.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Passenger

I've used a TA for two cruises, booked through the cruiseline for 4. I'm thinking of going back to my TA, is only for price and a coupon book. Her name is Sharon Carr and her website is SharonCarr.com. She will sometimes have awesome sales for cruises. We went with her on a trip to Europe last year and she was actually on the trip with us. We sat with her a breakfast in Luxembourge and at dinner in Paris. I really like her. When she puts togather a special tour or cruise, either she or someone from her agency will be traveling with you, so you always have access to your TA!
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Admiral

I actually use only one to make my purchases now. I use the others to compare but I use this one to buy.

To protect the innocent, view Kuki's cruisemates' cruise planners and her name, number is on there. She is honest and good.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to NickLS

I've read that Royal Caribbean put some stipulations that TA's cannot sell rooms any lower than RCI currently does.

If that's the case, what/why would be the positive of using a TA since they can't get you a "better" rate than going straight to the horses mouth? Do/Can the TA's give you incentives? or what?

Is this price selling restriction the same on Carnival?
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLS
I've read that Royal Caribbean put some stipulations that TA's cannot sell rooms any lower than RCI currently does.

If that's the case, what/why would be the positive of using a TA since they can't get you a "better" rate than going straight to the horses mouth? Do/Can the TA's give you incentives? or what?
Sometimes the TA will have a group or a block of rooms set aside. If the pricing goes up they will still be able to sell at their original price for the set aside or group rooms. If the price goes down, then there may be no advantage. That's the most common reason TA's may have a lower price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLS
Is this price selling restriction the same on Carnival?
Yes pretty much.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.