Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:14 PM
Passenger

Default Question on booking in advance?

How do you find price for cruise that you book 1-2 years in advance? I do the search online and the furthest I can find is Oct 2009. But I want to look into Dec 2009. I saw some of veteran cruisers already have planned for 2010.

Do you book via TA to get the price? Then how do you know if it's the best price since you can't really compare with other sites?

Sorry for too many questions.
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I forget which site I was looking on and noticed 2010 was listed, so they must have prices.... 2009 should be no problem I would think. Find yourself a good cruise travel agency and let their fingers do the walking for you. Check out some of our advertisers..I think the planning is half the fun..good luck...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 1st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Passenger

I'm not sure which cruise line you are looking for, but the 2009/2010 cruises are up for much of Princess's intiteraries. We usually book our next cruise while on our annual cruise and the future cruise folks are always able to whip stuff out with dates on them that we've never seen.

We do usually do all our arrangments through a local TA, so you might want to find one who specializes in cruises and see what they have to offer. We've always been able to get some bargain basement prices through ours. She is worth her weight in gold!

For me, part of the fun is the researching and looking into future cruises - we've gotten planned up to 2010 (no deposits though). We usually trade off between us and one picks, then the other. Example, we're headed to Tahiti next (DH's choice), then to Egypt (my choice - 2009) and then to Western Samoa (DH's choice -2010). We just decide where we want to go and then start figuring which ship and when. For us, destination is the hardest choice.

Good luck with your own hunting!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
First Mate

Here's what I am doing:

Mike will not fly, so going to Alaska (we did it before) is a big hassle.

I am planning for 2010 already . I basically look at the prices for 2009 and add $100 or $200 to the price.

I need to sail out of San Francisco, so I look at the info available as to what lines use that port. I won't know what ship until later on, so I look at the itinerary, and that decides which line I will use.

Then, I look at deck plans to see where I want to be cabin -wise, approximate cost etc. then hand over all the info to my TA.

She does all the work in figuring out the discounts, availability, etc.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Pat

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Do you really get a bigger discount or "cheaper" rates when going through a TA or if you do do everything independently yourself?

How am I doing? Could I have went any cheaper for two people?
Totals for two people OV GAR:
Cruise @ $1080
Airfare @ $418
2 nite precruise stay @ $162.70
Rental Car @ not booked yet

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old May 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM
First Mate

We always use a TA. The one time we didn't, was the trip to Alaska, and It got really messed up.

My TA knows all the type of discounts she can get for us. Sometimes she puts us with a group she has going, and that is a bit cheaper.

If you are asking about a 7 day Alaska cruise for two people, then I think you got a good deal. Don't know what line you are using, but it seems good to me.

Pat

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x