Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Frankjay02
Default Cruise line changes itinerary

We just had NCL change the itinerary by deleting a port, substituting ports, adding another day at sea, and changing the two nite stay from one port to another.(Medit. cruise) They, NCL, did this on our Alaskan cruise. Is this common to ALL cruise lines, or is it just NCL. We do NOT want 5 days at sea for a 14 day cruise. I got the Itinerary on Sun. nite, Travel agent took deposit on Tues. morning, by Tues nite the itinerary was changed. We are cancelling and looking for another line.I am afraid they NCL will change more. Looking at Royal Carib...how is there record of staying on posted itinerary?
any help or insight wil be appreciated. thanks in advance
Frank in NJ
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Passenger

Changes are at the discretion of the line and can be due to weather, rising port fees, etc. In 39 cruises, we have missed two ports on two different cruises. Having sailed with RCCL many times, I have never had an itinerary change.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Frankjay02

I have asked some friends who have cruised and so has my wife and no one has experienced two instances back to back where a cruise line has changed itinerary's. Look yout your case...39 cruises, two port changes and no itineray change...my case 3 NCL cruises, 2 cruises where ports were eliminated or substituted and an extra day added at sea. From what I understand from another group NCL has a history of this.
I read the fine print and was well aware if the "change without notice' caveat. But heard it is rarely utilized.
thanks for your answer
Frank
we cancelled and went with RCCL
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Passenger

We've been pretty lucky - we've only had Princess miss a port once due to heavy seas. This was in 13 years of crusing with her. And it turned out to be a great thing as we were all exhausted and needed a sea day to rest up!

We've never had the cruiseline(Princess, Carnival, Viking) change an itinerary on us.

Good luck with your RC cruise! Hope it's the best one yet!
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Passenger

You're welcome Frank! It is hard when you plan a trip and end up missing ports that you planned to see. I did forget about one, in 2004 Celebrity chose to skip Malaga, Spain and substitute Pisa due to political unrest in Spain. I was very happy! Having been to Malaga, I didn't feel the need to see it again! I hope your cruise is wonderful! Hi Spikesgirl!