Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Beginner

Default missed connection insurance?

I'm new to cruising and trip insurance, so I'm hoping someone can help. Please be nice! I've asked about "missed connection" coverage on two insurance websites, and I'm not getting the answers I'm looking for.. so I came here! Here goes: Every "missed connection" coverage I'm reading says: "Missed Connection - The Insurer will reimburse ...if Inclement Weather or Common Carrier causes cancellation or a delay of all regularly scheduled airline flights for three to less than five hours to your point of departure."

What does "All regularly scheduled airline flights" mean? Say our early morning American Airlines flight is delayed for 3 to 5 hours, will the insurance reimburse the cost of catching another flight, regardless of carrier? OR do all airlines have to be delayed for 3 to 5 hours before they'll pay for us to meet the ship? I don't want to have to pay a change fee or pay for another ticket with Delta or SW because my American flight was delayed. Does that make sense?

I'm so very confused, and the more I ask the agents the more confused I get. Has anyone had to purchase insurance like this because they were flying down the day of the cruise? We're trying to make it down there the day before, but we may have to fly down the day of because of work. If you were in a similiar situation, can you recommend a particular insurance company/policy that you knew would cover you? Thanks for your help (and for reading my post if you made it this far!)
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

We book our cruises through an agency that only does cruises. Are using them for the third time next Jan. 09. They recommend Travel Safe as it
gives the very best coverage. Not just for yourself and spouse but even
covers your return costs in case of extended family member's illness or death. Also, includes $ 1400 baggage insurance for EACH piece. Also,
if you have any pre-existing health conditions - I strongly recommend
buying insurance.

As far as days of your flights - we live in the Western New York area
and have done our cruises during the month of January which can be
a real challenge weather-wise. We ALWAYS fly in the day before to
give ourselves a bit of a rest - and for our luggage to catch up in case.
I think I probably would always do this even in the nice weather unless
we were leaving out of a port MUCH closer to home. Don't need the extra
stress at the beginning of our vacation.