Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Beginner

Default Please Help! Need tickets for next week cruise! sold out!

OK, so I really need to find an available cabin for HAL's Ryndam in Alaska sailing either 6/18, 6/25 or 7/2 for myself and an old girl friend (preferably the 18th but i am happy with any date).

The dates are sold out and I am on the waiting lists but other than that I am out of ideas. Are there some sort of cruise classified ads or place where people sell their tickets who are unable to make it last minute or may not be insured?

Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Admiral

That's a tough nut to crack! The only thing you might try, is contacting lots of agents, or maybe Cruisecompete.com, and see if they might have a block of cabins, with one left. Other than that, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Hope it works out for you.

Ken
"Sky"
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Please Help! Need tickets for next week cruise! sold out

Might try Smartcruiser.com? Else, try for another ship in the time period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisscruiser
OK, so I really need to find an available cabin for HAL's Ryndam in Alaska sailing either 6/18, 6/25 or 7/2 for myself and an old girl friend (preferably the 18th but i am happy with any date).

The dates are sold out and I am on the waiting lists but other than that I am out of ideas. Are there some sort of cruise classified ads or place where people sell their tickets who are unable to make it last minute or may not be insured?

Thanks so much in advance!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Beginner

mr. divemaster,

your kindness is much appreciated but i've been to smartcruiser and they have no options for me, sadly.

unfortunately, it must be the ryndam on any of the dates mentioned - silly, i know!

you are quite an accomplished cruiser! my heavens! it appears that you enjoy holland america, why is this?
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Admiral

I started the cruise game as a guest lecturer fo HAL and knew many aboard the line. Years later I still prefer HAL ships as there are few surprises, like say passengers falling from balconies. No surprises is a good thing when you are dragging your kiddo around the world. My newly minted teenage had his first birthday aboard HAL and is a veteran of 3 lines. He's also been at the helm of HAL cruise ships as well as excursion ships.

Know your obsession with particular ships, I'm on the Eurodam and Rotterdam this year just to finish HAL's line. Will actually miss half of my 16 day Rotterdam cruise in half as I have to use vacation to lead some scouts on a cavalcade next week. Let's see - horse around with my son and 9 scouts and sleep in a bedroll on the hard ground or cruise a second week on the Rotterdam and sleep on a eurotop bed? Sure going to miss that second week on the Rotterdam.

So all Ryndam departures in your window are full? Hmmm....you need one sold in a block. I doubt all Ryndam cruises in the window will sail 100%. Try to google Ryndam, June and other keywords to fish up the group cruise blocks? Affordabletours.com? Maybe a multiengine site like Sidestep or an airline site like SWA? Or one may pop up on a charity auction - E-bay?

**Looks like you can get on via Travelocity - did no go through to the end, but it shows space open on the short cruise.**

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisscruiser
mr. divemaster,

your kindness is much appreciated but i've been to smartcruiser and they have no options for me, sadly.

unfortunately, it must be the ryndam on any of the dates mentioned - silly, i know!

you are quite an accomplished cruiser! my heavens! it appears that you enjoy holland america, why is this?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Out of curiousity, why the Ryndam? It is a fine ship but Hooand America has five or six ships in Alaska this summer, and ryndam has five sister ships (identical for all intents and purposes). is it the itinerary, or a crewmember on board ;-)

I mean, there are a lot of options. And just so you know, I see open:

inside ocvw suite

June 25: 1049 USD 1449 USD 2309 USD
July 2: 949 USD 1249 USD
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Beginner

Mr. Paul,

Might I ask where you have found these availabilities with such great fares? I have been wait listed for all three dates on HAL and every TA I have called or site I have been deep enough in on the web tells me they are booked solid!

Yes, the Ryndam is nice for the lovely crew ..... ah the crew!

Oh please tell me your options are valid!!!