Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Default CRUISE VALUE CENTER

WE HAVE BOOKED A CRUISE ONLINE WITH CRUISE VALUE CENTER. WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS DEALT WITH THEM BEFORE AND ARE THE REPUTABLE? THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:14 PM
First Mate

I believe I've used them twice, no problems. Have a great cruise.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 05:22 AM
Passenger

Default CRUISE VALUE CENTER

THANKS KD. I WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT USING THEM. NEVER USED THEM BEFORE. SPACECOWBOY
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Once about three years ago, no problems.

Enjoy your cruise.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:32 AM
Admiral

Haven't tried them yet.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:42 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

Go to the "CruiseComplete" web site and put in your info (like you were looking to purchase a cruise) - different agencies will respond (your info
is kept confidential) and hopefully, this agency will show up with a quote.
You can then check out their references and possible BBB status. I am
sure you are fine.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Used them a few times very good no problems.
And will use them again.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Default Cruise Value Center

Thanks everybody for all the help and advice Spacecowboy!!!
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Beginner

I have used them 4 times, first 2 no issues, this current one is where things started going wrong. According to what I have learned, they have been bought out by a firm in MI. Now there has been several compliant of floating the final payment. Matter of fact., my final charges on my card were weeks before it showed up at the cruise line and the credit card invoice shows the agency rather than the cruise line. It took me weeks and several phone call to get it resolved.

I am concerned because of the amount of internet traffic concerning them as of late. I have the corporate office # in MI if you need it. I ran across your post while doing a search about complaints and felt I had to bring this up to you all. I do not want to worry you, just let you know to watch you booking and be ready to insist on the final payment be made directly to the cruise line.
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:53 AM
First Mate

It's quite possible the agency is holding "group space" on the cruise you
are taking. I am in the same position - my initial deposit was paid to RCCL but my balance was charged to the travel agency (not the one you are using). When I questioned this policy - was told the agency does this
because they (agency) have NOT paid the cruise line "in full" as yet for
the group space. If you have any issues or compliants about the service
you receive from the agency - you can certainly dispute the charges with
your credit card company. Good Luck

Mariner of the Seas - Jan. 2009 Around the Horn B2B - 30 days

Future Floats: Jan. 2011 - Rotterdam - Hawaii/Tahiti - 30 days

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Old August 15th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Beginner

I fully understand what you are saying, and I gave hem the benefit of the doubt for 3 weeks after my final payment was made We are in a group of 16, 7 cabins, and all of the other bookings showed paid but ours. A check with the cruise line indicated no final payment. Check is in mail was the reasoning of the day/weeks. Corresponding with others on another forum, and other info I have obtained, it is defiantly a cash flow problem combined with poor accounting practices.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:21 AM
First Mate

So is everything cleared up??

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Yes, no maybe ? Our cruise this Sept is taken care of. One of the CSR’s let me know that all payments are now handled out of the parent company in MI. After I called the corporate office in MI and had them pay the cruise line while I was on the phone, that took care of this one. Unfortunately, I booked a Hawaii trip in April 09 with them prior to my knowledge of al this.

Now I am torn between canceling and re-booking directly with the cruise line or wait and do this final payment grief all over again in Feb. The difference between the available cabins and the increase fuel charge is about $700.00, so I am still pondering that one. Suggestions?
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:34 AM
First Mate

Well, you cetainly have plenty of time to do some "cruise shoping". I would definately check out the "Cruise Compete" site and see what else is out there. I have also read that many passengers book directly with
the cruise line and then, closer to sailing date, transfer their cruise info to a travel agency for the "perks" (onboard credits, prepaid insurance, etc.)
without the risk of losing their cabins. I am assuming that you only
have paid a deposit on the April '09 trip - so you should be able to recieve a full refund if you cancel and go elsewhere.

Old August 15th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Beginner

Yes, you are correct, deposit only, although I have read were they have kept a processing fee for canceling, however, that may be a small price to pay for my sanity, . Thanks for the help, sorry to the OP for hijacking this tread.
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Once again this proves why you are better off with a local agent who you can talk to in person OR an agent you can call directly. I would never trust an agency that charges you for the payment and then will pay the cruiseline directly.

I received my own CLIA certification (cruiseline's international association) a few years ago but I have never made my living as a travel agent. I took all of the classes and seminars as part of my research as a travel writer. I write promotional materials and features for many small agencies throughout the country. I book cruises for friends, family, readers as well as large groups whom I do speaking engagements for. NOT ONCE in the hundreds of cabins I booked either as individual reservations OR a group have I ever charged a clients card to the agency or myself. All deposits and final payments are charged directly by the cruiseline. I call in the payments or enter them through the TA booking portals. In the case of checks, they are made out to the cruiseline, not to me or the agency I have booking privileges at. Do you know how many horror stories I have heard about Online or even home based agents that charge customers and then just disappear? There is no reason they cannot have the cruise line charge you directly.

They make good commissions on your booking so why is there a fee? No reputable agent would ever charge you a fee to cancel a booking. Yeah its a bummer when a client who you have worked with changes their mind. Treating them with disdain and slapping them with a fee is no way to get them to come back to you when they do decide to travel.

SPACECOWBOY do your self a favor and find a nice experienced certified cruise counselor. Trust me, you will not spend more and will reap the benefit of experience! I have never found a online deal I could not match or beat. I'm sure you can find one to match or beat your online deals too!