Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Default FOR CRUISERS FROM CANADA

FOR US CRUISE NUTS THAT LIVE IN CANADA - IT IS DOUBLE OR MORE THE PRICE OF A CRUISE THAT IS ADVERTISED. SO FOR A 7 DAY CARIBBEAN CRUISE THAT IS $600.00 - WE HAVE TO ADD ON ANOTHER $700.00 FOR AIR AND ANOTHER $500.00 FOR INS. AND OTHER MISC. I CANNOT GET A CRUISE LESS THAN $1800.00. TIMES THAT BY 2 AND OUR ORDINARY CRUISE IS $5,000.00 FOR HUBBY AND ME BEFORE WE START SPENDING. ANY CANADIANS OUT THERE THAT KNOW OF A CHEAPER WAY TO GET TO A CRUISE? I AM FRUSTRATED AND BROKE.
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Deb... except for people who are near to port cities, everyone (Canadian or not) has to pay air fare, or drive to the port of embarkation.

You can definitely save money on insurance. I insured an upcoming 12 day cruise for $300. Always look for 3rd party insurance, rather than buying what is also an inferior product from the cruise lines.

One money saving tip if you want to avoid the big cost of airtravel, look at some cruises which sail from Montreal or Quebec City.
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
First Mate

There are several ways that we have kept our cruising costs down. First we have driven to NYC to take a 10 day caribbean cruise which we booked thru an on-line travel agency. We also saved money by staying outside of Manhattan (about 40 miles) which allowed us to pay less than $100 for a hotel room. Secondly we have used our airline points to get to our embarkation point and thirdly we book only guaranteed inside cabins since we are not claustrophobic and basically only use the cabin to sleep.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West

Old August 14th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Yeoman

$700 for air sounds cheap, we pay $1500/each for our next cruise.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Youa re lucky, you live in Toronto where you can catch a flight on any number of airlines and not pay as much as I do flying from Edmonton to Miami...

I need to book a flight for January and the best price I have found so far is $1200......you could get it for $700-800....

Try doing what some of the other Canadians do near border cities--drive to Detroit or the nearest US city and catch a flight from there, which will be much cheaper than anything out of Toronto Pearson!!! Pearson airport, by the way, has extrordinarily expensive landing fees, so flights can be more expensive if they go through Toronto!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

misguidedangel is right - we drive across the border to Detroit and pick up airfares to Miami for about $300. Then it becomes a 3 hr direct flight, much less stressful !