Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Beginner

Default can someone explain room pricing?

hi!

i recently asked about ships that can hold 7 in a room. it turns out, Royal carribean has at least 2 rooms that can. (if you know of any others, please respond - thanks!) i cannot "price out" quotes online, because all of these rooms you must call to quote. also you can't even online book a party with 2 adults 5 kids. even so, i get confused looking at the room prices. they state"per person" based on double occupancy. does that mean if you stay in a state room with a room cost of $999, each person pays $999? and if you stay in a suite that costs $3000 (TOTALLY MAKING UP NUMBERS HERE) each person in the room pays $3000? that doesn't actually make sense i dont think, since once you are onboard, besaide the fancy room, isn't the rest of what you get exactly the same as if you were in the cheapest room? please tell me i am reading this wrong, the room price is the room price, and then there is some sort of per person charge, based on age (maybe?) since what else do you get really besides the ability to sleep your whole family in a room?

thanks for the help!
Meghan

ps - about getting seperate rooms, this won't work - we have 5 kids ages 5-9 and my husband and i refuse to stay apart (it's our vaca too!) OR let them stay alone (no way!)
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Passenger

Room pricing works like this:

you have your room catagories - inside,ocean view, balcony, and suite (many cruiselines also have in between sizes too - Royal caribbean has an inside catagory called a Promenade room that only sleeps 2 I believe but has windows overlooking the Royal Promenade and then there's also a junior suite or mini-suite on most cruiselines)

each cost more $$ as you go from inside to the highest catagory of suite.

prices are per person so for example if an balcony room rate is
$800.00 than it would cost $800.00 per person making the cost for 2 people $1600.00

If you get a triple or quad room it is usually say $800.00 per person for the first 2 guests in the room and then the 3rd (or 3rd and 4th ) person are usually slightly less -- say $500.00 per person making the fare for 4 people $2600.00

These numbers are totally pulled out of nowhere and I'm just using them as an example so you'd need to actually price them out.

Suites can cost $3000.00 or more per person so yes you were correct.

If you're looking at Royal Caribbean they have a family stateroom on many of their ships in an interior and ocean view catagory but you need to reserve through a travel agent or by calling - you cannot book it online.

That may be your best option

Anyway, HTH's

Old August 30th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Since you don't want to be apart, for sure, look into Royal Caribbean's family suite's for your entire family. They do book quickly, so get in touch with a good cruise travel agent. You also have another possibility, get two connecting rooms, you'd get the added 2nd bathroom which would be necessary.

Good luck and let us know what you find out and book...

Message Boards Moderator