Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Cruise Value Center in trouble?

I am getting industry newsletters saying Cruise Value Center is in trouble.

If you made a reservation through CVC, I suggest you contact the cruise line and verify that your payment went through.

Unfortunately, when agencies go under they sometimes fail to to properly transfer payments to the travel suppliers. We are hearing rumors that this may have happened. I cannot confirm it, but I urge you take action to verify your payments if you have.

People who received travel insurance through Cruise Value Center are urged to contact Best Price Cruises to help them with their travel protection issues.

1-800-344-0401 - Best Price Cruises
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
First Mate

Fortunately, I do not have a booking with them, but just want to thank you for sharing this info! Hopefully, those that are booked will have a good outcome.
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Admiral

Paul, you should move this post to "All Things Cruising" or "Cruise News." You didn't ask a question of CruiseMates staff so it shouldn't go in this forum.

thanks,

Marc

PS Have you heard of other agencies that might be in trouble? Maybe keeping a list on homepage or the "All Things Cruising" forum would be good.
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

No, I have not heard of any others being in trouble yet.

The problem is not so much that cruises are not being booked, it is that the when cruise prices drop, much of that is fixed, non-commissionable cost. So for example, if a $1000 cruise has set port fees & taxes (non-comissionable), if you drop it to $500 the amount the agent earns commission on is not 50% less, it is more like 75% less, because the fixed costs remain roughly the same.
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise Value Center is Bust!

Cruise Value charged my cc directly to Carnival (as requested) for the $400 deposit on our 12/22 cruise, but charged the balance to themselves and failed to send it onto Carnival! That just sucks! :evil:

The people at Best are being very kind, but can't do diddly squat. I have to call Carnival on Monday and I'm bracing myself b/c I have a gut feeling that they are going to say I owe them the balance (or maybe even more!) if I want to continue with the cruise.

My cc company won't let me dispute the charge until after the sail date of 12/22 (like they are going to come up with the money)! But the real issue here is that the balance went directly to them and not Carnival as instructed/agreed upon and that to me means they are just plain crooks! I can not believe my credit card company won't let me dispute the charges now!

I'm just beside myself with anger and frustration!
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Re: Cruise Value Center is Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleansCruiser
Cruise Value charged my cc directly to Carnival (as requested) for the $400 deposit on our 12/22 cruise, but charged the balance to themselves and failed to send it onto Carnival! That just sucks! :evil:

The people at Best are being very kind, but can't do diddly squat. I have to call Carnival on Monday and I'm bracing myself b/c I have a gut feeling that they are going to say I owe them the balance (or maybe even more!) if I want to continue with the cruise.

My cc company won't let me dispute the charge until after the sail date of 12/22 (like they are going to come up with the money)! But the real issue here is that the balance went directly to them and not Carnival as instructed/agreed upon and that to me means they are just plain crooks! I can not believe my credit card company won't let me dispute the charges now!

I'm just beside myself with anger and frustration!
What a pain. Sorry. Let us know how it works out.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Beginner

We're in the same boat! Not in the ship! Cruise Value sent our deposit directly to Princess but did not forward the balance even though it was charged on our Master Card. We are trying to work it out.
If anyone has any suggestions, they will be very appreciated!
Mimi642
Old November 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Passenger

We booked through CVC for a Royal Caribbean cruise for April '09. CVC has a message on their site that directs customers to contact the cruise line and if the balance has not been paid to pay the cruiseline directly. I called RCCL and they were very familar with the situation and gave us the process for changing our reservation to deal directly with them.

I still have concerns that CVC will charge my card when it is time for the rest of the payment.

Thanks,
Greg
2005 - Carnival Elation
2006 -Carnival Miracle
2007 - Explorer of the Seas
2008 - Caribbean Princess
2009 - Splendour of the Seas from Venice
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Some would think that was nice of CVC to put the message on their site to contact your cruise line and pay them the balance due. But what about the people that already paid CVC the balance due and CVC did not pay the cruise line. How do you think they feel.
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Yeah, I don't think it was nice. The rest of the message also says that if you were charged but it was not forwarded to the cruise line that you should dispute the charges or contact your insurance company. Nothing about a refund. Oh yeah, and you can only contact CVC by U.S. mail.
I feel bad for those that have been charged. I'm just thankful that I saw the warning on Cruisemates before I was charged.
2005 - Carnival Elation
2006 -Carnival Miracle
2007 - Explorer of the Seas
2008 - Caribbean Princess
2009 - Splendour of the Seas from Venice