Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Passenger

Default Christmas in the Bahamas

My wife and I (both 59 yrs old) are thinking about doing a cruise to the Bahamas next xmas (09). Maybe a five day cruise. It would be more convenient for us to sail out of Florida. Carnival might be a bit to much for us we're knd of layed back. Any cruise line suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I sailed on the Conquest last year, and I was 59 at the time...My advice is ...you CAN be laid back in any cruise you select....doing what you want, when you want, is the charm of a cruise, so don't rule Carnival out.

That said, Check RCI, and Princess out too, oh and the new Celebrity Solstice just could be your cuppa tea...check out our galleries to see the pictures that our own Paul Motter posted of this elegant ship..I would love to sail her as well...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 19th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Passenger

I'll do that. Thanks!
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Passenger

Okay, for the dates and destinations etc it looks like either RCI or Carnival. Whatta ya think? By the way, I've been on Crystal and NCL and enjoyed them both. Thanks!
Old November 26th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Beginner

I just noticed your post after checking another section of this forum, and can recommend the following:

There is a new Tall Ship called "MYSTIC" in New England in the summer, and the Out Islands of the Bahamas in the winter. We sailed on her a couple of times. It's more upscale than the Windjammers, but the price is still good. You can go singly or get a group discount. The crew is great, and you can help as much as you want. If they still have the same chef, WOW! My wife was trading recipes while I was snorkeling with turtles!

There are 16 double cabins, really nice. It's a big boat, so the sailing is nice and stable. It's very casual. In the Bahamas they sail to remote locations, and you can snorkel, kayak, hike, etc. without any other tourists around.
Old November 28th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Admiral

You might want to look at the 5 day out of Tampa on Carnival Inspiration. I am older than you are and have serious health issues, and I still love Carnival. Plenty of opportunities for laid back. That cruise does not do Bahamas, tho. It goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
Marty