Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sobe420
Default Need a Romantic Cruise Suggestions

I am so glad that I found this site.
Have lots of questions, but here is the first major one.

This would be my third cruise and cannot wait. But it will be my girlfriend's first cruise. Both of my cruises have been with RCI. We are both in our late 20s. I am not sure if I want to go on Carnival or Royal.

It will be in June of 09 our five year anniversary and I am thinking of popping the big question.

I assume Royal, is the better more romantic one, but wanted to get some input about Carnival.
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

What Royal Caribbean ships have you cruised on? If not any of the Freedom class, I'd think about giving that a try. Many ways you can pop the question onboard. Being in your late 20's, there are plenty of activities geared for you, plus they have the flowrider, what a gas! The shows are outstanding and not to be missed. Just MHO :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Passenger

It was a while back, Soveirgn of the Seas 4 days Bahamas cruise.

Right now the only one that falls on our dates and time we have available(and price range) is Enchament of the Seas.

So, thats why I am not sure what cruise line to go on because I have heard good and bad things about it from the reviews I have seem.
Old November 19th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Admiral

I would definitely sail the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia; by far the most romantic cruise around. Snorkeling, diving, wave runners, and deserted islands. All inclusive including bar tenders wading out into the water to serve your drinks.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old November 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've also heard a lot of real positive feedback on Enchantment of the Seas. If the itinary is what you are looking at, the ship is almost a destination in itself as well. What other ship are you considering for the same timeframe?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Passenger

We are also looking at the Carnival Destiny in the same time frame. I particulary do not care about the destination because I just want to go on a cruise ...but since she has never cruised before she finds Enchaments iternary not interesting.
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I would definitely sail the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia; by far the most romantic cruise around. Snorkeling, diving, wave runners, and deserted islands. All inclusive including bar tenders wading out into the water to serve your drinks.
Marc.. which Carnival or RCI ship is that?
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe420
We are also looking at the Carnival Destiny in the same time frame. I particulary do not care about the destination because I just want to go on a cruise ...but since she has never cruised before she finds Enchaments iternary not interesting.
Sounds like it should be the Destiny. Kind of a good fitting name for what you would like to do!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old November 20th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Marc.. which Carnival or RCI ship is that?
I would be worried a ship like Paul Gauguin (Regent Seven Seas Cruises) would be expensive and have an older crowd on board. It may not be the right cruise for a couple in there 20s. One of these days I want to do one of Regent's theme cruises like the Spotlight on Chocolate. I saw one of these ships in Alaska and it was nice.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Admiral

I'd probably opt for the Destiny. I think with a minimum amount of shopping around, you'll get a lot more cruise for the buck, and I know you'll enjoy the ship, and the entertainment. If she is more attracted to the ports of call that are offered on Destiny, then there's no doubt that you should take a good look at that ship. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Get it booked and keep us posted!!!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The alternative dining spots on larger Carnival ships like Conquest are very romantic, with small combo dancing and very attentive service. Carnival is a guaranteed "fun" ship, too, and I know my wife really enjoyed the waiters and general friendly atmosphere. RC is great for family and active sports people.

The entertainment is good on both. Your dollar might go a little farther on Carnival right now. Their staterooms are bigger, too.

Either way, I say stick to the bigger (more than 100,000-tons) ships. The smaller, older ships can disappoint. And if you can afford a balcony you definitely have it made in the shade.

Old November 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Whatever ship and cruise line you choose, you set the tone for romance and let the atmosphere of the ship add to it. Romantic dinner table for two, late night walks on deck, good conversation and yes, Love, Love Love. I wish you all the best with the "big question".
Old November 26th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Passenger

Thank you for all the responses and ideas. Really helped me out, still have not decided yet. But I have noticed that Carnival offers more for your money.
Does Carnival still have the whole sit down and eat like it use to be? My last cruise was in 2002 so bare with me. I have read where ships have changed the dinning situation.
Old November 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Passenger

I forgot to mention, I am a member of RCI Crown and Anchor, but with only 2 cruises, only a gold member. So I really do not see the savings with that level.
Old November 26th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Carnival still offers traditional dinner seating. You choose early seating or late seating. With being a C&A gold member the savings are marginal but they do increase with additional cruises.
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Passenger

So, at this point I have come to the conclusion whichever ship gives me the best deal and falls into the dates that I need. Because either line will offer the "romantic' setting I need.
Old November 28th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Some Carnival ships, such as the Legend, give you the option of traditional assigned seating for dinner or open seating. And the specialty restaraunts, which run about $30 are the most romantic setting I can imagine...well, out of those I can post about anyway.
Marty
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't know if this could be done.....On a Carnival ship enter the Hairy Chest contest and get the Cruise director to pop the question for you on the big screen ( not all Carnival ships have this), that would be cool.

If your destinations include Jamaica go to one of the "Couples Resorts" there. No children allowed, only couples and it has European style beaches. They do offer day passes. That would be a romantic place to pop the question.
Carnival Triumph Feb 09
Island Princess coming in Nov. 2009