Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Passenger

Default On-line Agencies/BestPriceCruises

I am new to these boards but have been cruising for many years. I have read some posts regarding different online cruise agencies. I was wondering if anyone could give advice regarding BestPriceCruises. They often have the lowest prices, but I don't have any personal experience with them. Any advice about this agency would be appreciated. Other online suggestions are also appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We've worked with Best Price Cruises in the past on several of our CruiseMates Group Cruises, and their service was just fine... delivered everything they promised, and they did a good job.

Like all large agencies they have many agents working for them, so there is "some" luck in the draw getting a good one. But generally I'd say go ahead.....if the actual agent you get doesn't make you happy, just slide up the corporate ladder to voice your concern.
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:13 AM
Passenger

Happy New Year. Thanks for the prompt response. I have booked 18 cruises with the same TA and have never received a discount, obc, etc. After reading the cruise boards and becoming a little more knowledgeable about what is available I am looking at other options. Being an experienced cruiser I have always picked my own ships, dates, cabins etc. All the TA ever did was call them with my CC info. So, now it's on to findng the best deals with reputable companies. Thanks again. Any recommendations are appreciated.
Old January 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were not happy with the little Nome, he didn't give all he said he would. With CVC's problems you need to be careful.
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I know the owners of bestPricecruises - they are a good company and get great prices. They will never do anything dishonest like CVC (a company we warned about here).

They are ultra-efficient and no-nonsense. If you know exactly what you want BPC will get you the best deal possible on that cruise, in my opinion.

Of course, i would say that about most of the top cruise sellers. The key question is how long have they been in business and what kind of volume do they do. BPC does a lot, and so do other agencies like America's Vacation Center, Cruise Magic, BuyCruises, VacationsToGo, Cruises-n-more and many others.

There are many excellent online cruise agencies, the key is finding a person you like at one of them and sticking with them. The longer they get to know you and vice versa the better it gets.
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Thanks Paul. I always feel better knowing someone has had some experience with a company before using them. I have used 2 agencies that I got quotes from on CruiseCompete and didn't have any real problems, just not so great customer service. I cruise several times a year and am hoping to find someone I can stick with. Thanks again.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have not used cruise compete in years, but I have noticed that a lot of participating agencies do not fall into the category of "top cruise sellers," and so I would personally be careful.

We always recommend you contact an agency directly, not just book online, so maybe the cruise complee agents are just giving you what any agent would give you if you contacted them directly.

And maybe they are not giving you great service because they are not making any money from the transaction. You want a motivated agent who is making money and wants your business again.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Passenger

Paul, just an update on the Cruise Compete thing. BestPrice was the lowest but when I went to book 3 days later their prices had gone up by about $400. Don't know what was up with that. Everyone else seemed to stay the same (even the cruiseline). For right now I am just going to watch that fare and see what happens. I also tried to contact Cruise Planners as I know you use them, but no one ever answered my e-mail. There was one price the same as BestPrice but I didn't bother to contact them, they were not one of the bigger agencies and I have never heard of them. Couldn't even check them out with the BBB, they never heard of them either. I think your advice about sticking with one of the bigger, well known agencies is sound. Thanks again.