Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Passenger

Default amazing fare sale AFTER i booked!

over summer i booked a july 2009 princess cruise to alaska for a group of 12 (for a wedding in juneau)

today i got an email from princess about this ridiculous fare sale - 50% off peak season including the exact cruise we are going on! i could have gotten everyone balconies for basically the same price they are paying for inside cabins!

what can i do? i don't want to cancel my booking to try and get the new deal but i mean this is thousands of dollars difference when we're talking about such a big group... do you think our TA might at least be able to get us upgrades if i told her about this?
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The promotion you're talking about was sent to certain (not all) repeat passengers of Princess, so it may not apply to your entire group.

But I would CERTAINLY talk to your travel agent and have them attempt to get the price reduction for everyone in the group.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

YOu can TRY - but the latest word I have been getting is that the cruise lines will NOT lower prices after final payment has been made anymore. No refunds or credits sorry.

The only exception left is Royal Caribbean/Celebrity. This is juat what I have "heard"
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
YOu can TRY - but the latest word I have been getting is that the cruise lines will NOT lower prices after final payment has been made anymore. No refunds or credits sorry.

The only exception left is Royal Caribbean/Celebrity. This is juat what I have "heard"
Paul the OP stated that the cruise is July 2009. Do you think that Princess final payment is six months in advance?

Megs, follow Kuki's advice; contact your travel agent.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter

Paul the OP stated that the cruise is July 2009. Do you think that Princess final payment is six months in advance?

Megs, follow Kuki's advice; contact your travel agent.
There is no way to no if the final payment was made. That information was not provided. Most normal people (non cruise) don't know that most cruise lines will reduce the price before final payment, but not after so the information is important.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 3rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Passenger

thanks to everyone for their advice! i hadn't made the final payment yet... glad that was pointed out for future reference!
I forwarded the email to my TA who was able to get the discount for my cabin but not anyone else's (i was the only one who got the promotion email... seems to be a perk of being a "captain's circle" member)
since i got a mini suite, however, the total savings amounted to $1600 which will instead go towards excursions for my wedding guests! yay!