CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Where to cruise in late June early July? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/360533-where-cruise-late-june-early-july.html)

desikage January 22nd, 2009 10:25 AM

Where to cruise in late June early July?

Hey everyone,

Never been cruising, but my fiance and I want to go on one for our honeymoon. That will be the last week in June and first week of July. We wanted to sail to Hawaii from Cali, but it seems they don't run during the summer.

What would you recommend for a good route? We're looking to keep it very warm wherever we go.

Thanks!

katlady January 22nd, 2009 12:08 PM

If you want to cruise out of Cali I would go Mariner of the Seas here are the ports:
Los Angeles, California; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

This is a seven day cruise that leaves on June 28, 2009. It's not quite as nice as Hawaiian, but the Mariner is one of the bigger Royal Ships with the ice rink, rock climbing wall, and royal promanade. No Flowrider on this ship sorry. Plus Mexico will be nice and warm.

Chuck Palm January 28th, 2009 07:38 PM

If you don't mind heat and humidity, the Mexican Riviera can be a lovely cruise. Keep in mind that it will be very warm and the humidity will be very high. There will likely be thunder showers in the afternoons.

You may want to choose an Alaska cruise. The weather will be fairly nice at that time of year. The glaciers are amazing, especially Glacier Bay. The Alaska cities are quite interesting as well. Whale watching in Juneau is an amazing sight to see. Or so it seems to me.

You can cruise the Hawaiian Islands at that time but you will have to fly to Honolulu and cruise from there. Those Hawaii cruises are great fun, you cruise at night and Island hop in a new Island every day. We have done these cruises twice and truly enjoyed them both, eventhougfh they were not our favorite cruiselines.

ScurvyDog January 28th, 2009 09:35 PM

Keeping it warm....... 8) Look at the airfare to Fla. If that makes sense for you consider the Eastern or Southern Caribbean. There are many great choices and you will not be disappointed.

Manuel February 16th, 2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady
If you want to cruise out of Cali I would go Mariner of the Seas here are the ports:
Los Angeles, California; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Los Angeles, California

This is a seven day cruise that leaves on June 28, 2009. It's not quite as nice as Hawaiian, but the Mariner is one of the bigger Royal Ships with the ice rink, rock climbing wall, and royal promanade. No Flowrider on this ship sorry. Plus Mexico will be nice and warm.

This would be my choice as well. We have been on the Mexican Riviera and to Alaska. If you go to Alaska you will see a lot of beauty, but not much warm weather.

TM