Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Beginner

Default are Cruise Vouchers a gamble in these times of Recession?

Hi there,

My parents have been considering going on a cruise for years now. I'd like to treat them and I've been looking at some voucher deals (specifically ones on www.cruisevoucher.co.uk. My one big concern though is how the present economic climate might affect such companies.
Given that many airlines have been closing down, I just can't help but worry. I like the idea of a voucher because it gives them the option to decide when and where. But I'd hate to think that there might be some risk of the company folding before the voucher would expire. A 3-year timeframe is not too long for a healthy company to find itself in trouble.

would anyone here have any knowledge of cruise companies who deal in vouchers? Any thoughts on this appreciated...

- thanks.
Sponsored Links