Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Default Group Cruise Advice

I am considering getting a group cruise together for my second cruise, and was wondering if anyone has any advice for organizing and booking the group. In particular, I was thinking NCL since it allows for more opportunity for people to join in. I thought maybe I would do the booking myself, since I should have my travel agency up and running by then. I am planning a catch all friends and family type cruise for this first group booking just to get used to the real life quirks of booking groups. It is meant to be a first foray into booking agency organized group cruises. I feel friends and family will be a bit more forgiving than the general public and it will be easy enough to take care of problems plus get feedback.
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Admiral

I haven't done a group cruise myself. But the home page had an interesting article about it.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...up-Cruises.cfm

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 16th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Admiral

I have put together several group cruises, most of them family and friends. You might consider choosing a cruise line that still has the option of assigned dining, if you anticipate the group wishing to eat together. Most groups do enjoy having dinner together, as well as on board group activities and shore excursions.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:58 AM
Passenger

I am too putting a group cruise together and will go through an agent since I do not want to be responsible for other people's money. My one suggestion is not to use Norwegian.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:06 AM
Admiral

In my particular case, I will be both the host and the travel agent. Increases the workload on me, but I figure the experience will be well worth it in the long run.