Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Keep Intouch While Overseas

Hi All.
Just found out a great way to keep intouch with family and friends while we are vacationing in Europe after our cruise. My husband found this sight on-line. All you do is buy a SIM card from this sight and put it in your cell phone and your good to go. It comes with easy to install instructions.
We tried it already and it works great and it's easy. Here is a link to the site. http://www.telestial.com/
Our cruise is coming up on March 15th. Cruising on the Costa Fortuna for 18 Glorious days to Italy. Can't Wait.
25 more sleeps. Hooray!
Well I hope this info helps at least one person cruising abroad.
Cheers, Wendy.

[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Those are all good and fine until you realize that your friends and family in the states can't call you without it costing them a fortune due to most of those international prepaid SIM cards(I am considering one for France and one for Netherlands Antilles for my trip to the Caribbean) have UK numbers. I have found a couple with other possibilities though.

Need some cruise help?
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Brad,
The sim card has a toll free US access number. So our friends and family can call it anytime without it costing them a dime.
Cheers! Wendy
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Just what I have been looking for. I have a place in my Sprint Blackberry for an international SIM, so I need a decent service. I will need to use my service on board but it is always good to have a phone on shore for emergencies.

Need some cruise help?