Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

View Poll Results: Best line for group cruises?
Carnival 5 71.43%
Royal Caribbean 2 28.57%
Norwegian Cruise Lines 0 0%
Celebrity 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Admiral

Default Best Cruiseline for Groups

In your humble opinions, what do you think would be the best line for a group cruise to the Western Caribbean?
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Admiral

I just think that Carnival now offers the most "bang for the buck". The BIG RCI ships are nice, but very overcrowded in my opinion, and definitely overpriced! NCL is a very good value, but I think one of the things that is good about cruising with a group, is being able to meet at dinner each night at YOUR TABLE and discuss the evenings activities etc. Celebrity is an excellent cruise line, but doesn't offer as much variety of activities as Carnival does, plus it too is priced considerably higher than Carnival. Bottom line,,,,Go Carnival!

Ken
"SKY"
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Admiral

I have either hosted groups, or been part of a group cruise, on all four cruise lines that you have mentioned. IMO, a successful group cruise is possible on any of the lines.

I agree with Skymaster, that an important activity for a group is enjoying dinner together. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity have set dining times. However, on a recent group cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line I was able to reserve a standing reservation at the same tables every night for the group.

To choose the best cruise line for your group, consider the preferences of the persons cruising. Every cruise line has their own personality, as do people.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Admiral

I also think that the size of the ship might be a factor. One ship we were on was so huge that hubby and I had trouble arranging when/where to meet when we went our separate ways on board or in ports. If it takes 10 minutes to get from one spot to another, trying to get the group together other than for dinner could be a hassle. Of course, I'm not much of a group travel person anyway. I like wandering without a plan.
Marty
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Passenger

We recently sailed as part of a 150 member group with Celebrity, they bent over backwards to accomodate us. We have been with other groups on other lines, but this was certainly the best. They arranged meeting rooms with refreshments on short notice, special land tours, our own cocktail parties, etc
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Something to think about. NCL and Royal Caribbean are out, though I will have another look at Celebrity. I do know that my goal is to get 58 people together for this cruise, though I am not sure if I can. This is just basically for anyone who wants to travel with the group. No special purpose other than to help me get experience with building group cruises. That way when I move on to more specialized cruises it will be easier for me, and I do plan to book groups as often as possible, though obviously I won't overlook individual bookings and specialize only in group travel.
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Admiral

I have decided to opt for the Carnival itinerary with stops at Cozumel and Grand Cayman. The price is right for first timers and it gives a good overview, which is really my idea. It will be a 5 night cruise aboard the Carnival Inspiration.
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid
I have either hosted groups, or been part of a group cruise, on all four cruise lines that you have mentioned. IMO, a successful group cruise is possible on any of the lines.

I agree with Skymaster, that an important activity for a group is enjoying dinner together. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity have set dining times. However, on a recent group cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line I was able to reserve a standing reservation at the same tables every night for the group.

To choose the best cruise line for your group, consider the preferences of the persons cruising. Every cruise line has their own personality, as do people.
PRINCESS WAS LEFT OUT OF THE GROUP!
PRINCESS HAS A BIG SCREEN AT THE POOL ON ALL THE NEWER SHIPS, ANYTIME DINING AND SELF-SERVE LAUNDRY W/IRONS
PRINCESS HAS A $15 CORKAGE CHARGE ON WINE & BUBBLY.

LINK BELOW IS ON SOME OF THE PORTS OF CALL IN THE WESTERN CARIBBEAN
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597852
Old March 7th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Princess was left out only because they did not have a Caribbean itinerary available at the planned time. It was more for practical reasons than any kind of omission.
Old March 8th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Captain

brad,
I have hosted groups on several cruises and find that Carnival does a very good job with groups. I am doing the Legend in Jan. 2010 to the Western Caribbean with group of 60. Is this your first time hosting a cruise group? If so good luck with it. Hosting groups is both fun and work.

Read and post cruise reviews