Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Default Need expert advice on East/West/South caribbean, Mexico etc.

We have been on Royal C and Celebrity and want to stick with Royal C because of the bells and wistles. But we have only done the Western Caribeean (Haiti, Ocho, Grand Cay, Cozumel) and I would do that trip every time. But I wanted to get some advice on the eastern and southern trips. One we are looking at has St. Maarten, St. Thomas, San Juan, and another with St. John's and St. Lucia.
Have people enjoyed those stops. Grand Cayman is my favorite stop. Clean, safe, and the best beaches and water around. Just want to see if looking to the south or east will be just as good. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Admiral

We did Carnival's Southern itinerary and thoroughly enjoyed it. At the time it was San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, Antigua, St. Kitt's and St. Martin. Of those I enjoyed getting into the rain forest on Dominica the most, thought if you are a shopper it might not be such an interesting stop. The DW loved St. Martin, and I can't say anything bad about it.

It's a big wide sea - check it out!

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I love the Southern itinary out of San Juan the best. You visit more islands, but have a longer flight. The Eastern is also nice, I'd give either one of them a try and reshearch the different islands for things to do and see.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 4th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Captain

I agree with Donna that the cruises departing from San Juan are great. I've done 3 from there and would gladly do another. The drawback is air to San Juan it can be costly. I've cruised many times from Fl. to Eastern and Western. Can't say I have a favorite but enjoy all the ports. Going back to the Western in Jan. 2010 for the 4th time but getting to Belize and Roatan this time. I think any cruise is a good cruise just as long as I'm on it.

Read and post cruise reviews