Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
Passenger

Default Flu: will you take small children on cruise?

I was wondering what other families are doing with this flu situation. We are booked for a may 16th 5 nite cruise that will go to to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We have a 5 year old and I am concerned about being on a crowded ship with a child who will probably put her fingers in her mouth inadvertantly. RC will not drop rebooking penalties.

What are other families doing?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Flu: will you take small children on cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoper
I was wondering what other families are doing with this flu situation. We are booked for a may 16th 5 nite cruise that will go to to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We have a 5 year old and I am concerned about being on a crowded ship with a child who will probably put her fingers in her mouth inadvertently. RC will not drop re booking penalties.

What are other families doing?

Thanks
My personal belief is that with this itinerary there is little chance of you contracting the flu. There is always a risk of contracting a virus anytime you are in close quarters with other people. Children can be more susceptible as you said: "With a child who will probably put her fingers in her mouth." Kids are notorious for that.

I would take some Lysol wipes, make sure she washes her hands as much as possible and go and have fun.

The final decision is always yours. You have to weigh your own sense of risk with your perceived benefit.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I concur fully with Mike...this itinerary seems to have no issues, other then the normal chances of getting a cold, etc....I would go and enjoy, and, wash, wash, wash

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Passenger

Thank you both so much for your replies. I am beginning to look at the option of sticking with the cruise more seriously. At least we have a few more days before we hit the lose 100% bracket with cancellation.

Thank you